California – Remote HEDIS Abstractor LPN/LVN/RN
- Clinical License LPN, LVN, RN
- State(s) CA
Full Job Description
This is a temporary job assisting with medical records abstraction for HEDIS. This job is remote (California).
- Participate in training and testing in the remote environment through virtual and prerecorded teaching sessions.
- Remotely review and abstract information from a variety of different electronic medical records and images faxed from practitioner offices.
- Identify relevant quality measure information in medical records.
- Enter data into health plan vendor software systems and understand spreadsheets that display assignments.
- Comply with all HIPAA and Privacy standards.
- Ability to recognize clinical evidence of care and service rendered in a medical record.
- Ability to recognize a physician’s participation in care when documented in a medical record.
- Strong computer skills including internet explorer and MS Office products.
- Strong data entry accuracy and review skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with ability to express self clearly and professionally, with appropriate grammar and spelling, and document according to standards.
- Relates openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people; interacts effectively with individuals both inside and outside of HPSJ; establishes and maintains effective working relationships.
- Uses time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities; can attend to a broader range of activities; meets deadlines.
- Ability to handle confidential information with appropriate discretion.
- Ability to speak and be understood in English.
- Current credential as a registered nurse or licensed vocational nurse or licensed practical nurse with the state of California.
- At least 6 months experience in a clinical setting.
- At least 1 year experience working with electronic health records.