Houston, TX – Remote w/ Local Travel – RN Family Health Nurse – Special Beginnings
- Clinical License RN
- State(s) Compact, TX
** This position is a Work from Home position. The position is a mixture of telephonic and field travel in Houston, TX, the field travel will be to members homes, hospital visits, etc.). **
This position is responsible for conducting medical management activities for Special Beginnings, Condition Management, Care Coordination, and performing assessments to create a care plan. This position will represent the company before client management, members, and physicians.
* Registered Nurse (RN) with 2 years direct clinical care to the consumer in a clinical setting.
* Registered Nurse (RN) with current, valid, unrestricted license in the state of operations (or reciprocity). For compact licensee changing permanent residence to state of operations, you must obtain active, unrestricted RN licensure in the state of operations within 90 days of hire.
* Plus 3 years wellness or managed care experience presenting clinical issues with members/physicians.
* Knowledge of the health and wellness marketplace and employer trends.
* Verbal and written communication skills including composing and conducting presentations, facilitating client specific programs, and interfacing with internal staff/management and external vendors and community resources.
* PC proficiency to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, database experience and Web based applications.
* Organizational skills for maintaining a library of presentation of interventions and outcomes.
* Ability to travel occasionally as needed including overnight stays.
* Ability and willingness to provide coverage after hours on a call rotation.
* Incumbents with nursing licenses in positions/departments requiring multi-state licenses are required to obtain and maintain additional current, valid, and unrestricted applicable nursing licenses in other states as determined by management. Multi-state license fees will be provided by HCSC. Incumbents with other clinical licenses are not required to obtain multi-state licenses.
PREFERRED JOB REQUIREMENTS:
* 3 years clinical experience.
* Patient education experience.
* OB/Neonatal experience.
* Labor and Delivery experience.
* Mother Baby experience.
* Condition Management experience.
* Recent experience either telephonic or in person clinical support working
with patients with chronic illnesses, including Diabetes, CAD, hypertension,
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.