Hybrid Remote Behavioral Health Clinical Program Manager – Missouri
- Clinical License RN
- State(s) MO
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
You have high standards. So do we. Here at UnitedHealth Group, this includes offering an innovative new standard for care management. It goes beyond counseling services and verified referrals to programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. That means you’ll have an opportunity to make an impact on a huge scale – as part of an incredible team culture that’s defining the future of behavioral health care.
The overall purpose of the Clinical Program Manager (Care Coordination) position is to supervise a team of licensed or unlicensed staff (depending upon the specific team function) in the coordination of care for consumers moving from higher to lower levels of care. The manager is to ensure that the team is functioning at optional effectiveness and efficiency by continuously monitoring team performance and taking corrective action when necessary. The manager should be a mentor and role module who encourages the team to strive toward excellence and professionalism.
If you are located in Missouri, you will have the flexibility to work remotely* as you take on some tough challenges
- Manage a team of licensed clinicians and non-licensed staff (either in office or telecommuters) in order to deliver sound clinical decisions and quality documentation to customers
- Work closely with the Behavioral Health product Executive Director and the health plan professional team, psychiatrists, and other clinical staff to ensure that all clinical services are implemented and managed based on state of Missouri requirements and regulations
- Work closely with the Quality Improvement Director and Systems reporting staff to identify and address the clinical needs of individuals accessing behavioral health services
- Support utilization management objectives for both facility-based and outpatient care
- Prepare reports and analyze data in order to coach team to meet metrics successfully
- Identifying trends and interventions as needed in a positive, change oriented environment
- Ensure the timeliness and appropriateness of the services provided by the Care Managers and to ensure that clinical review activities are conducted in accordance with OptumHealth clinical guidelines and care coordination processes
- Managing projects and interventions from inception to completion
- Ensuring engagement of staff through management of ongoing training, performance management, coaching and mentoring
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Licensed Psychologist, Mental Health Clinical Nurse Specialist, or Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- Licensed must be current and unrestricted in the state of Missouri
- 5+ years of behavioral health experience post licensure
- 5+ years of management and/or leadership experience
- 1+ years working with Medicaid populations
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications to include Word, Excel and Outlook
- Access to high-speed internet from home (Broadband Cable, DSL or Fiber)
- Dedicated workspace for home office set up
- Primary residence in the state of Missouri
- Experience working in managed care/prior authorization
- Dual diagnosis experience to include mental health and substance abuse
- Experience managing field based/telecommuting employees
- Knowledge of evidence based best practice guides
- Knowledgeable of community resources
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.