Hybrid Remote Director, Primary Care Providers Education (APRN, PA-C)
- Clinical License APRN, PA-C
- State(s) Nationwide
Full job description
Responsibilities:The Director of Provider Education is responsible for designing and delivering educational programs and initiatives aimed at enhancing the skills and knowledge of primary care providers particularly in a PACE environment. The primary focus will include educating providers on EPIC, chronic condition recapture, risk adjustment coding, care optimization, quality metrics, closing care gaps, EMR efficiency, workflow design and optimization, and provider onboarding. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in primary care, EMR systems, coding practices, and education methodologies. The position reports to our SVP, Clinical Systems & Operations and has no direct reports
Position is work-from-home with about 25% travel.
- Develop and deliver educational programs and training sessions for primary care providers (Physicians & Advanced Practice Providers) that includes EPIC & EMR support systems, chronic condition recapture, risk adjustment coding, EMR efficiency, workflow design and optimization, and provider onboarding.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify educational needs and develop appropriate curricula and resources to address those needs.
- Participate on the Clinical Guidelines Committee.
- Utilize a variety of instructional techniques and learning principles to engage and effectively educate primary care providers.
- Develop and maintain training materials, including presentations, job aids, and reference guides, to support ongoing provider education.
- Stay up to date with PACE industry trends, regulatory changes, and best practices in PACE primary care to ensure the accuracy and relevance of educational content.
- Collaborate with compliance, Quality and the Coding and Documentation Team to support coding accuracy, adherence to documentation policies, and provider role within order life cycle.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of educational programs through assessments, surveys, and feedback to continuously improve the quality and impact of provider education initiatives.
- Serve as a subject matter expert and resource for primary care providers, addressing their questions, concerns, and challenges related to EPIC and workflows.
- Collaborate with IT teams and other stakeholders to optimize EMR systems and workflows based on provider feedback and identified needs.
- Lead and Participate in the onboarding process for new primary care providers, ensuring they receive comprehensive training and support to succeed in their roles.
- Certified Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant.
- 5+ years working in a primary care setting, preferably as a primary care provider.
- Experience in value-base care or capitated models.
- Strong knowledge and experience with EPIC.
- In-depth understanding of chronic condition recapture, risk adjustment coding, and coding practices in primary care.
- Familiarity with workflow design and optimization principles in a primary care setting.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively convey complex information to diverse audiences.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Experience in education, instructional design, or curriculum development is highly desirable.
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple priorities, and meet deadlines.
- If you are passionate about education, have a strong background in primary care, and possess the skills and knowledge outlined above, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
- PACE knowledge and experience
- Professional certifications related to EPIC, healthcare coding, or education are a plus.
Benefits:InnovAge’s Program of All-inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) is an alternative to nursing facilities. Seniors receive customized healthcare and social support at a nearby PACE center supported by a team of medical experts dedicated to providing personalized healthcare and support to help them age at home. Our greatest assets are our team members who make a difference in the lives of those we serve every day. Elevate your future with co-workers passionate about a patient-centered care model supported by comprehensive services to improve the quality of care while reducing over-utilization of high-cost care settings.
As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer InnovAge is committed to and values an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, pregnancy or any other status prohibited by applicable law.
Salary ranges are dependent on a variety of factors, including qualifications, experience, and geographic location. Range is not inclusive of potential bonus or benefits. Comprehensive benefits include m/d/v, short and long-term disability, life insurance and add, supplemental life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401(k) savings, paid time off, and company paid holidays.
Posted Salary Range: USD $174,500.00 – USD $200,000.00 /Yr.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $174,500.00 – $200,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus opportunities
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: Remote