Hybrid Remote Physician Assistant, Psychiatry – AK, MN, ND
- Salary Offer AK, MN,
- Clinical License PA-C
- State(s) AK, MN, ND
Rural Psychiatry Associates is currently recruiting for a Physician Assistant to join our team. No need to relocate, live anywhere in the U.S!!!
At Rural Psychiatry Associates it is our mission to bring skilled providers and quality care to people and locations that otherwise are unable to easily access mental health services, causing many people to go untreated. By joining our team, you will be sure to make a difference to rural and remote areas by providing mental health care to patients of all ages through hospitals, clinics, schools and senior living facilities across the nation. Rural Psychiatry Associates is an independently owned psychiatric clinic that provides in person and telemedicine services to more than 250 practice sites throughout North Dakota, Minnesota, Utah, Alaska and beyond.
This is a unique and once in a lifetime professional opportunity for any candidate who is interested in the treatment of people in rural areas. Candidates with a rural background or history of treating patients in rural settings is desirable, although not a strict requirement.
Candidates can live anywhere in the USA as long as they have reliable high speed internet and access to a airport serving major airlines. Travel to assigned contracted work sites is required at a minimum of 1 week per month. Current travel is to Alaska, Minnesota and/or North Dakota. All other work while not physically onsite is conducted 100% via telemedicine out of your home office.
Contracted sites require up to date vaccinations of all our providers to work at their sites, this includes Covid-19 Vaccination and Flu Vaccination. No exceptions to vaccinations are allowed including for religious or medical reasons.
Candidates will be a part of a comprehensive, close knit team comprised of psychiatric physicians, nurse practitioners, and physicians assistants, as well as psychotherapists. The treatment model and approach to patient care of the company is to provide physician-supervised, team-oriented psychiatric evaluation and treatment. Candidates will be required to complete the companies internal education program led by psychiatric physicians with over 175 years combined experience. This education program is required of any candidate regardless of prior psychiatric experience.
The Psychiatric Physician Assistant will be responsible for, including but not limited to:
- Formulates an initial diagnosis and treatment plan for individuals with common mental health problems;
- Provide mental health care to patients with a psychiatric diagnosis;
- Take medical histories, handle crisis response, administer medication and medication injections, and direct mental health services, as required;
- Serves as part of multidisciplinary treatment team to develop and implement individualized and measurable treatment goals and modalities for each patient;
- Develops working relationship with physician and primary care providers;
- Evaluates complaints of an acute and chronic nature;
- Monitors changes of patients with persistent mental illness;
- Initiates and completes all relevant documentation within organizational time frames;
- Provides support, psychotherapy and supportive counseling with patients in regards to psychosocial, environmental, and physical well-being;
- Provides health education material for patients, caregivers and family, as well as staff; and
- Performs related duties as required.
Applicants must possess or be able to obtain licensure in the states you are practicing, which could include of North Dakota, Minnesota, Utah and Alaska, or any other states where practice may be added. Candidate must posses a license in their state of residence. Candidate must also possess or have the ability to obtain DEA numbers for prescribing medications. Psychiatric experience is highly desirable. Psychiatry Certification will be required of candidates, when eligible to obtain, who are not currently psychiatry certified.
We offer competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package. Salary starts at $110,000 (fulltime) and increases with experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $110,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Work Location: Remote