Massachusetts – Remote Case Investigator COVID-19 (Partners In Health)
- Specialty License LPN, LVN, RN, MSN, ARNP, CNM, FNP, PMHNP, PNP, DNP, WHNP, PA
- State License(s) MA
Partners In Health, is seeking Case Investigators to support Massachusetts Department of Public Health and Local Boards of Health to help spearhead COVID-19 contact tracing.
Partners In Health (PIH) will hire, train and supervise a team of community contact tracing staff across Massachusetts. The aim of this will be to call every person diagnosed with COVID-19, gather their contacts, and proceed to call every contact in Massachusetts. This is in tandem with Commonwealth-wide efforts to increase testing, improve communication and implementation of isolation and quarantine. This will fortify efforts to control the pandemic in Massachusetts.
The Case Investigator will supervise a unit of seven to ten people working remotely. This unit will be collectively responsible for calling people with COVID-19, helping make care plans for people with COVID-19, identifying and collecting contact details of people with COVID-19 and their contacts, and connecting contacts with various services (including social support structures, testing, clinical care, etc.). The team will provide education about COVID-19, on isolation and quarantine procedures and about social services. The Case Investigator is responsible for the unit, to track progress against target goals, provide direct supervision, oversight, and mentorship to the unit, and will be the units point of contact with the supervisory structures. The Case Investigator will also perform many of the functions of the team, including being the primary point of contact for people with COVID-19.
- Supervise a unit of between seven and 10 people that collectively performs all functions of the COVID-19 Community Team response.
- Coordinate the units schedules and provide daily remote supervision and troubleshooting.
- Report issues from the unit to the Community Tracing Supervisor, brainstorm and implement solutions.
- Act as primary point person to call people with a positive diagnostic test for COVID-19, provide support and gather information including information about the disease
- Triage and coordinate next steps for care and isolation for individuals the person has been in contact with.
- Perform phone calls as needed, including to contacts who have been exposed to COVID-19, to places of business a COVID-19 positive patient has frequented, and to refer patients and their families to different social services.
- Track daily and weekly progress for the unit including cases contacted successfully, contacts tracked and referred, and patients and contacts referred to social support systems
- Perform quality assurance through listening in on calls or to recordings of calls and providing feedback to team as well as participating in quality improvement conversations with supervisors
- Liaise with partners and stakeholders at the Massachusetts Department of Public Health
- Maintain daily contact with supervisor
- Experience in clinical medicine and/or public health a plus. Strong preference for nurses or other clinical staff.
- Experience supervising teams in complex environments preferred.
- Ability to exhibit a professional, positive attitude and work ethic
- Excellent interpersonal skills required and ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse individuals during a time of crisis and distress
- Ability to show empathy to distressed individuals
- Bachelors degree required
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to speak, read, and write English
- Second or multiple languages a plus
- Critical thinking and sound judgment required
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and professionalism
- Proficiency with computers
- Technology requirements: PC with Windows 10, Antivirus Protection: Windows Defender and Windows Firewall; or Mac with Apple OS X 10.13, Antivirus Protection: Sophos; and personal mobile device to use for this job. A headset is preferred
- Massachusetts Resident preferred and familiarity with Massachusetts geography; cities/towns/locations required
*This is an external posting. If interested, please apply to external link*