OHIO – Remote RN Care Manager, Dual Eligible Special Needs Plan
- Specialty License RN
- State License(s) OH
This position will be working from home, and will require the employee to be located and licensed in Ohio
Help us elevate our patient care to a whole new level! Join our Aetna team as an industry leader in serving dual eligible populations by utilizing best-in-class operating and clinical models. You can have life-changing impact on our Dual Eligible Special Needs Plan (DSNP) members, who are enrolled in Medicare and Medicaid and present with a wide range of complex health and social challenges. With compassionate attention and excellent communication, we collaborate with members, providers, and community organizations to address the full continuum of our members’ health care and social determinant needs. Join us in this exciting opportunity as we grow and expand DSNP to change lives in new markets across the country.
Our Care Managers are frontline advocates for members who cannot advocate for themselves. They are responsible for assessing, planning, implementing, and coordinating all case management activities with members to evaluate the medical needs of the member to facilitate the member’s overall wellness.
- Develops a proactive plan of care to address identified issues to enhance the short and long-termoutcomes as well as opportunities to enhance a member’s overall wellness.
- Uses clinical tools and information/data review to conduct anevaluation of member’s needs and benefits.
- Applies clinical judgment to incorporate strategies designedto reduce risk factors and barriers and address complex health and socialindicators which impact care planning.
- Conducts assessments thatconsider information from various sources, such as claims, to addressall conditions including co-morbid and multiple diagnoses that impactfunctionality.
- Uses a holistic approach toassess the need for a referral to clinical resources and other interdisciplinary team members.
- Collaborates with supervisor and other key stakeholders in the member’s healthcare in overcoming barriers in meeting goals and objectives, presents cases at interdisciplinary case conferences
- Utilizes case management processes in compliance withregulatory and company policies and procedures. Utilizes motivational interviewing skillsto ensure maximum member engagement and discern their health statusand health needs based on key questions and conversation.
- Minimum 3-5 years clinical practical experience
- Minimum 2-3 years CM, discharge planning and/or home health care coordination experience
- Confidence working at home/independent thinker, using tools to collaborate and connect with teams virtually
- Ability to travel within a designated geographic area for in-person case management activities as directed by Leadership and/or as business needs arise – when Covid 19 restrictions shift
- Bilingual desired
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective communications, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently
- Effective computer skills including navigating multiple systems and keyboarding
- Demonstratesproficiency with standard corporate software applications, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint, as well as some special proprietary applications
Education and Certification Requirements
- Registered Nurse with active state license in good standing within the region where job duties are performed is required.
- Multi State Licensed preferred
- Certified Case Manager is preferred.
Potential Telework Position:
Percent of Travel Required:
0 – 10%
Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer
Benefit eligibility may vary by position.