Remote AHA GWTG Abstractor LPN/LVN/RN
- Clinical License LPN, LVN, RN
- State(s) Nationwide
AHA GWTG Abstractor Job Description
(GWTG CAD, GWTG CHF, GWTG Afib, GWTG Stroke or GWTG Resuscitation)
Department: Data Abstraction Support
Division/Location: Direct Difference – Support of contracted facility as designated
Skill Set: Clinical Data Abstractor
Job Summary/Purpose: CMS: Core Measures HBIPS AND ASSOCIATED POPULATION MEASURES
Performs clinical auditing and data abstraction of patient records in support of contracted facility’s clinical process improvement and patient safety initiatives associated with participation in. Results of audits and identified trends are reviewed with Clinical Nurse Specialists, unit-assigned clinical staff, Performance Improvement staff, and physician quality task forces.
Education: Graduation from an accredited school of nursing as an LPN or an RN
Experience: At least 3 years of acute care nursing experience
Licensure: Must be licensed by State Board of Nursing
Other Preferred: Must maintain competency and knowledge of data definitions, current version and reporting guidelines
- Must have a minimum of 2 years recent experience abstracting AHA GWTG either : GWTG CAD, GWTG CHF, GWTG Afib, GWTG Stroke or GWTG Resuscitation.
- Must maintain competency and knowledge of data definitions and reporting guidelines, hold certification where required or be able to recertify immediately.
- Must possess knowledge of anatomy and disease processes.
- Must be computer literate and knowledgeable in spreadsheet software, database programs, Microsoft Office software.
- Must be self-directed to troubleshoot computer issues associated with mapping network drives, installing software, and connecting to contracted facility thru remote access (VM Ware, AnyConnect, etc.)
- Requires flexibility in work schedule.
The Data Abstractor’s key responsibility is to collect and submit accurate, complete, and timely data for the specific registry. This task is accomplished through high-quality data compilation, documentation, and data entry of identified procedures performed /or disease process treatment at the Contracted Facility into the associated registry/vendor tool platform.
Specific Responsibilities and Capabilities
Data Collection and Reporting
- Reviews 100 percent of patients for inclusion in the respective registry as identified by the facility.
- Collects the respective data components for the program through the effective utilization of the hospital medical record systems.
- Identifies streamlining and process improvement opportunities in the data collection process.
- Responsible for the accurate, complete and timely entry of data into the program’s database.
- Maintain accuracy threshold of greater than or equal to 95 percent.
- Work Effectively with Hospital and Individual Surgeon Office Staff when necessary.
Work Effectively with Hospital and Individual Hospital Staff:
- Serves as an educational resource on the AHA GTWG Registry for internal and external audiences as needed.
- Communicate clearly any data documentation needs to support accurate and high reliable data collection and reporting.
- Participates in program teleconferences.
- Participates in data compilation for audits and (re)accreditation or site visits.
- Periodically attends voluntary in-person or on-line professional development seminars offered at various annual meetings such as AHA, STS, ACC, and/or NCDR.
Please submit your resumes to: email@example.com