Remote Assistant/Associate Professor, Nurse Practitioner Program
- Clinical License APRN, DNP, FNP
- State(s) Nationwide
RN license (Required)
Full Job Description
At American Sentinel College of Nursing & Health Sciences at Post University, we provide high-quality, innovative degree and certificate programs that allow students to enhance their professional and civic lives. We prepare students for the future of healthcare by offering relevant online bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral programs, competency-based options, a flexible learning platform, and superior student support.
The Assistant Professor of Nursing is responsible for facilitating on-line nursing courses that meet the quality and standards set forth by the accrediting bodies and American Sentinel College of Nursing & Health Sciences under the guidance of the Associate Dean and the Dean of the Program. This position works with the Associate Dean of the program and the Dean of Nursing and Healthcare Programs to maintain curriculum integrity, promote optimum learning opportunities for students and foster a rich on-line environment for the students.
- Maintain course integrity.
- Review and revise courses as assigned.
- Respond to all students’ communications within two business days.
- Review posts and replies in a timely manner.
- Promote discussion board participation.
- Monitor student attendance and progress within the course and take corrective action if the professor feels the student needs extra help.
- Provide substantial feedback in a timely manner to each student in the course for assignments that contribute to the final grade of the course.
- Grade all assignments in a time manner.
- Grade all weekly discussion posts/replies in a timely manner.
- Encourage students to complete the course evaluation at the end of the term.
- Participate in research and scholarly projects.
- Be an active part of the American Sentinel team.
- Attend meetings and participate on committees.
- Participate in accreditation activities as needed.
- Assist with monitoring and coordination of student precepted practicum experiences
- Maintain RN/APRN state licensure as required
Job Requirements and Experience:
- Doctoral degree in nursing or related field
- Master’s degree in Nursing from an accredited college or university with a certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner preferred
- Clinical nursing experience;
- Two years of teaching in a college or university setting and indication of scholarly work
- Must possess an unencumbered Registered Nursing License and an advanced practice nursing license.
Upload Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter.
Equal Opportunity Employer
American Sentinel College does not discriminate on the basis of race, religious creed, color, ethnic or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniformed service member status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected basis under the law.
Student Consumer Information:
To access our Student Consumer Information Webpage please visit www.americansentinel.edu/doe.
The work environment and physical demands are characteristic of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job, and typical for those working in an academic and/or office setting. The employee is occasionally required to travel to the main campus in Colorado as needed. The employee must also abide by the Conflict of Interest Policy at American Sentinel College of Nursing & Health Sciences.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Doctorate (Preferred)
- teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
- RN license (Required)
- Fully Remote