Remote Assistant Clinical Professor- Nurse Practitioner Psych-Mental Health
- Clinical License DNP, PMHNP
- State(s) Nationwide
Teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
Nursing: 1 year (Preferred)
Full Job Description
We prepare students for the future of healthcare by offering relevant bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral programs, a flexible learning platform, and superior student support. To learn more about American Sentinel College of Nursing & Health Sciences at Post University, visit www.americansentinel.edu.
The Assistant Clinical Professor of Nursing for the Nurse Practitioner Program is responsible for facilitating on-line nursing courses that meet the quality and standards set forth by the accrediting bodies and American Sentinel under the guidance of the Associate Dean of the Nurse Practitioner Program.
This position works with the Chair, Clinical Coordinator, and Associate Dean of the Nurse Practitioner Program and the Dean of Nursing and Healthcare Programs to maintain curriculum integrity, promote optimum learning opportunities for students and foster a rich on-line environment for the students.
- Maintain course integrity.
- Review and revise courses as assigned.
- Respond to all students’ communications within two business days.
- Review posts and replies in a timely manner.
- Promote discussion board participation.
- Monitor student attendance and progress within the course and take corrective action if the professor feels the student needs extra help.
- Provide substantial feedback in a timely manner to each student in the course for assignments that contribute to the final grade of the course.
- Grade all assignments in a timely manner.
- Grade all weekly discussion posts/replies in a timely manner.
- Encourage students to complete the course evaluation at the end of the term.
- Participate in research and scholarly projects.
- Be an active part of the American Sentinel team.
- Attend meetings and participate on committees.
- Participate in accreditation activities as needed.
- Assist with monitoring and coordination of student precepted practicum experiences.
Job Knowledge and Experience:
- Doctoral degree in nursing or related field
- Master’s degree in Nursing from an accredited college or university with a certification as a Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- Clinical nursing experience
- Two years of teaching in a college or university setting and indication of scholarly work as described in the faculty scholarship section of the Faculty Handbook
- Must possess an unencumbered Registered Nursing License and an advanced practice nursing license
Upload Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter.
Equal Opportunity Employer
American Sentinel College does not discriminate on the basis of race, religious creed, color, ethnic or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniformed service member status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected basis under the law.
Student Consumer Information:
To access our Student Consumer Information Webpage please visit www.americansentinel.edu/doe.
The work environment and physical demands are characteristic of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job, and typical for those working in an academic and/or office setting. The employee is occasionally required to travel to the main campus in Colorado as needed. The employee must also abide by the Conflict of Interest Policy at American Sentinel College of Nursing & Health Sciences.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Doctorate (Preferred)
- Teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
- Nursing: 1 year (Preferred)
- RN (Preferred)
- Fully Remote