“Remote Camp Health Care Consultant (APRN, PA-C) – Massachusetts “
- Clinical License APRN, PA-C
- State(s) MA
Full job description
Cambridge Camping Associationis seeking to contract with a Health Care Consultant to consult and advise on the health and safety needs of children attending day camp programs in Concord, MA. Cambridge Camping, a 501c3 nonprofit organization, operates two day camp programs serving children living in under-resourced circumstances in the Cambridge area. Camps operate concurrently from July 8 to Aug 16, 2024, for approx 170 children ages 5-13.
The Health Care Consultant is a mandated position for residential and day camps in Massachusetts and a requirement for licensing of camps by local public health departments. The requirements are described in detail in 105 CMR 430 MINIMUM STANDARDS FOR RECREATIONAL CAMPS FOR CHILDREN(section 430.159) from the MA Department of Public Health.
The Health Care Consultant must be a Massachusetts licensed physician, certified nurse practitioner or physician’s assistant, with documented pediatric experience. Strong preference for candidates who work within the Cambridge/Somerville/Boston area in order to better understand the population of children served. Strong preference for candidates who have performed similar roles in a camp or school setting.
- Review and approve the camp’s health care policy.
- Review and approve the first aid training of onsite camp health staff.
- Be available by phone for consultation during the 6 weeks of camp programs, July 8 to Aug 16, 2024, Monday through Friday, 8AM to 4PM.
- Develop and sign written orders, including for prescription medication administration, to be followed by the onsite camp health staff in the administration of their related duties.
- Present a training, by zoom, to inform onsite health staff about the need for and administration of epinephrine auto-injectors, medication administration and documentation, as well as an overview of diabetes signs and symptoms as required by DPH regulations.
- Review and advise onsite camp staff about campers with complex medical needs, including but not limited to multiple food allergies, bee sting allergies, asthma, diabetes and seizure disorders.
Cambridge Camping offers a $1000 stipend for the role of Health Care Consultant. For inquiries or to be considered for the position please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cambridge Camping Association provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Job Type: Contract
Pay: $1,000.00 per year
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Are you a Massachusetts licensed physician, certified nurse practitioner, or physician’s assistant?
Work Location: Remote