Remote Case Manager LVN/LPN – TX, OR, NY, Compact
- Clinical License LPN
- State(s) Compact, NY, OR, TX
mend™ | Remote
Case Manager LPN/LVN
About the role:
mend™ is seeking a Licensed Practical/ Licensed Vocational Nurse as the case manager for a digital coaching platform. The team is composed of LPNs and RDs to support in-hospital care plans, beginning with Total Joint Replacement. As the Case Manager, you will work closely with the Team Lead by implementing the program with our initial and follow-on clients and administer digital care plans for Remote Patient Monitoring and Chronic Care Management. You will play a critical role in establishing our high-touch patient relationship from onboarding to completion of programs and representing mend™ on the front line with clinicians and hospital systems. As the program scales to additional hospital systems, there is potential for a management position. You can be remotely located but must be licensed in Compact states as well as NYS, this role will report to the Program Lead.
What you’ll do
- Outreach to prospective patients provided by medical system/practice to enroll them into the CCM/RPM program
- Serve as the point of contact for patients enrolled in the program
- Deliver telephonic patient-facing care to support Remote Patient Monitoring and Chronic Care Management billing codes
- Engage regularly (at least monthly) with all assigned patients to encourage consistency with the treatment plan and ensure they remain within the data range set by their provider
- Monitor patients’ data daily and react to alerts in a timely manner
- Responsible for triaging patient and knowing when to escalate to clinicians or transfer to technical support or other resources
- Educate patients through shared information (articles, news, etc.).
- Attend virtual meetings with the team for information updates
- Help Team Lead to establish policy and procedures in addition to supporting training new nurses
- Communicate benefits of the mend™product line as part of the patient journey and Standard of Care
- Work with the Care Team to establish ways of working for sharing learnings, best practices and patient feedback for continuous improvement
- Work proactively to identify improvements in patient engagement, satisfaction and billing opportunities
What excites us about you:
- Willingness to learn new skills fast
- Being comfortable in the start-up environment where changes happen frequently
- High level of patient empathy, particularly for an older population
- Detail-oriented, with flawless attention to detail
- Able to meet tight deadlines
- Data-driven with ability to connect results with goals
- Self-starting, creative problem solver
- 2+ years of clinical practice experience, ideally in a hospital or large medical group
- Knowledge of CMS requirements
- Ability to practice at the top of the Nursing license in hands-on remote patient care across chronic conditions
- Awareness of requirements for nursing support of MSK / orthopedic acute indications
- Familiarity with Remote Patient Monitoring and Chronic Care Management software platforms
- Ability to interact with technology including wearable devices (with minimal technical support)
- Experience working with at least one Electronic Healthcare Records / Electronic Medical Records (EHR/EMR)
- Motivational interviewing experience is preferred, but knowledge and willingness to learn is acceptable
- Bilingual Spanish-speaker a plus
Education / certifications:
- This person MUST be licensed to work in the state of Texas (or other compact state), Oregon and NY and be willing to consider additional state certifications.
- Preferred location for this role would be either NYC Metro area, or San Antonio or Dallas Metro area with hybrid remote work.
- CCM/RPM certification is a plus
- Annual Discretionary Performance Bonus
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision policies
- Up to 20+ Paid Days off to encourage people to rest and reset
- 401K Matching Program
- Complimentary Mend products
mend™ is a life sciences and biotechnology company that harnesses the power of nature to supercharge health and healing for everybody. Our nature-powered supplements are clinically-proven and recognized by the medical community to be effective in accelerating repair, recovery, and improving key risk factors that contribute to chronic conditions. mend™ works with leading hospitals and universities on developing evidence-based clinical nutrition products to enhance patient outcomes. Which is why we’re such a hit with high-impact individuals in sports, the military, and anyone living an active life. We are committed to educating the world about the power of natural ingredients as a complement to medical treatment. We make it easy for people to use nature to power themselves back to health. And to stay healthy on the daily.
Mend is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We recognize that diverse teams make the strongest teams. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity/expression or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can do our best to accommodate you in applying for the role.