Remote CDQI Nurse Specialist (RN) – PRN
- Clinical License RN
- State(s) Nationwide
Who we are…
Ciox Health merged with Datavant in 2021, creating the nation’s largest health data ecosystems, powering secure data connectivity on behalf of thousands of providers, payers, health data analytics companies, patient-facing applications, government agencies, research institutions and life science companies. The combined company is focused on improving patient outcomes and reducing costs by removing impediments to the secure exchange of health data. Ciox, a Datavant company will offer the ability to access, exchange, and connect data among the thousands of organizations in its ecosystem for use cases ranging from better clinical care and value-based payments to health analytics and medical research.
What we offer…
What we need…
- Demonstrates an understanding of complications, co-morbidities, severity of illness, risk of mortality, case mix index, secondary diagnoses, and the impact of procedures on the final Diagnosis Related Group (DRG).
- Performs timely, accurate and complete documentation reviews of selected inpatient records to clarify conditions/diagnoses and procedures in which inadequate or conflicting documentation exists.
- Collaborates with physicians and other patient caregivers to support that appropriate reimbursement and clinical severity is captured for the level of service rendered to all patients with a DRG based payer.
- Improves coding specificity by educating physicians, clinicians, and other involved parties regarding the necessity of providing complete and clear documentation of the care provided throughout a patient’s stay.
- Follows AHA guidelines and coding clinics for coding and required documentation to ensure physician and hospital compliance. Remains current with coding information to ensure accuracy of codes assigned based on documentation.
- Queries physicians or physician extenders regarding missing, unclear, or conflicting health record documentation by requesting and obtaining additional documentation within the health record when needed.
- Keeps daily production logs containing number of cases reviewed, number of queries placed/responded, etc. for weekly evaluation of output.
- Conducts follow-up reviews of clinical documentation to ensure points of clarification have been recorded within the patient’s medical record.
- Maintains and keeps in total confidence, all files, documents and records.
- Meets or exceeds production and quality metrics.
- Performs all other job-related duties as it relates to job function as delegated by management
- 3+ years of CDI experience
- 3+ years of clinical experience in an academic medical center
- Registered Nurse license, Bachelors Degree in Nursing
- CCDS or CDIP certification required
- Must pass a CDI skills competency assessment
- Must be able to accommodate a min of 15 hours per week
- Except for states where legally prohibited to enforce mandates.
Pay ranges for this job title may differ based on location, responsibilities, skills, experience, and other requirements of the role. The estimated pay range for this role is $35 – $45 per hour.
Equal Pay Act Minimum Range: 35-45