Remote Clinical Quality Assurance Coordinator (RN) – Massachusetts
- Clinical License RN
- State(s) MA
MES Solutions is seeking a self-motivated, high-performing registered nurse (RN) to join our team.
- Performs quality assurance review of peer review reports, correspondences, addendums or supplemental reviews.
- Ensures clear, concise, evidence-based rationales have been provided in support of all recommendations and/or determinations.
- Ensures that all client instructions and specifications have been followed and that all questions have been addressed.
- Ensures each review is supported by clinical citations and references when applicable and verifies that all references cited are current and obtained from reputable medical journals and/or publications.
- Ensures the content, format, and professional appearance of the reports are of the highest quality and in compliance with company standards.
- Ensure that the appropriate board specialty has reviewed the case in compliance with client specifications and/or state mandates and is documented accurately on the case report.
- Verifies that the peer reviewer has attested to only the fact(s) and that no evidence of reviewer conflict of interest exists.
- Ensures the provider credentials and signature are adhered to the final report.
- Identifies any inconsistencies within the report and contacts the Peer Reviewer to obtain clarification, modification or correction as needed.
- Assists in resolution of customer complaints and quality assurance issues as needed.
- Ensures all federal ERISA and/or state mandates are adhered to at all times.
- Provides insight and direction to management on consultant quality, availability and compliance with all company policies and procedures and client specifications.
- Promote effective and efficient utilization of company resources.
- Participate in various educational and or training activities as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent required. A minimum of two years clinical or related field experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of the insurance industry preferably claims management relative to one or more of the following categories: workers’ compensation, no-fault, liability, and/or disability.
- Must have strong knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, medications and laboratory values.
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers and decimals; Ability to compute rates and percentages.
- Must be a qualified typist with a minimum of 40 W.P.M
- Must be able to operate a general computer, fax, copier, scanner, and telephone.
- Must be knowledgeable of multiple software programs, including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and the Internet.
- Must possess excellent skills in English usage, grammar, punctuation and style.
- Ability to follow instructions and respond to upper managements’ directions accurately.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality and monitors own work to ensure quality is met.
- Must demonstrate exceptional communication skills by conveying necessary information accurately, listening effectively and asking questions where clarification is needed.
- Must be able to work independently, prioritize work activities and use time efficiently.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
MES Solutions is a premier provider of independent medical examination and peer review services to the insurance, corporate, legal, and government sectors. Members of our credentialed medical panel conduct physical examinations or medical record reviews, delivering reports that assist clients in the resolution of automotive, disability, liability, and workers’ compensation claims. MES has been providing services nationally since 1978 in accordance with the industry’s highest standards of operating excellence and regulatory compliance.
MES is an Equal Opportunity Employer and affords equal opportunity to all qualified applicants for all positions without regard to protected veteran status, qualified individuals with disabilities and all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.
MES offers a fast-paced team atmosphere with competitive benefits (medical, vision, dental), paid time off, and 401k.