Remote Clinical Risk Adjustment Specialist (RN) – Kansas
- Clinical License RN
- State(s) KS
Clinical Risk Adjustment Specialist – AdventHealth Medical Group
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
- Vision, Medical & Dental Benefits from Day One
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Received Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center in January 2019
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm
The community you’ll be caring for:
At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission, formerly Shawnee Mission Medical Center, you’re more than just a number on a chart. You’re a whole person, who functions best when physically, emotionally, and spiritually fit. Find whole-person care, dedicated teams and staff, and a wide variety of medical services, all at our hospital in Shawnee Mission, Kansas.
The role you’ll contribute:
The Clinical Risk Adjustment Specialist is a senior leader and responsible for the HCC and Risk Adjustment coding education and audit programs in Shawnee Mission Physicians Group. The incumbent will assist physicians and other healthcare providers in accurate documentation to support the appropriate clinical picture/level of severity of patient. This will ensure the risk scoring of the patient accurately reflects the patient’s health condition, and that the appropriate diagnoses codes are recaptured each calendar. As a part of the care team, the Clinical Risk Adjustment Specialist will assist other team members in identifying opportunities to improve integrity and specificity of healthcare documentation.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
- Review medical record information to identify all appropriate coding based on CMS HCC categories.
- Assigns and sequences ICD/CPT/HCPCS codes to diagnoses and procedures from documented information in the medical record.
- Assures the final diagnoses as stated by the physician and other healthcare provider are valid and complete and of the highest level of specificity.
- Reviews medical records to identify secondary complications and co-morbid conditions.
- Codes and abstracts all necessary information with most accurately describes each documented diagnoses and procedures.
- Provide support, education and training related to, quality of documentation, level of service and diagnosis coding consistent with established coding guidelines and standards.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
- 5+ years prior medical coding experience, strong knowledge of ICD-10 coding
- Associate Degree in Nursing or Nursing Diploma, with BSN within three years of hire
- Registered Nurse licensure in Kansas
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.