Remote Clinical Support – RN – Colorado
- Clinical License RN
- State(s) CO
Career opportunities at VillageMD and our operating companies
We’re a physician-led, patient-centric network committed to simplifying the complexities of health care and bringing a more connected kind of care.
And now we’re proud to say we’re part of the VillageMD family.
VillageMD, through its operating companies, provides high-quality, accessible health care services for individuals and communities across the United States, with primary, multispecialty, and urgent care providers serving patients in traditional practice settings, in patients’ homes and online appointments.
Committed to serving all patients and working with all payers, VillageMD consistently innovates value-based care, bringing integrated applications, population insights and staffing expertise to its owned and affiliated practices, ensuring high-quality care, better patient outcomes and a reduction in the total cost of care. Through Village Medical, Village Medical at Home, Summit Health, CityMD, Starling Physicians, Westmed, and other practices, VillageMD serves millions of patients throughout their lives, wherever and whenever they need care. Its dedicated workforce of more than 20,000 operates from 770 practice locations and 26 markets.
Why become a Villager?
When you work at VillageMD, or a VillageMD operating company, you are part of a compassionate community of people who work hard every day to make health care better for all. What makes us different is our village of supportive and inspiring peers who want a meaningful career with impact. The work we do is changing the lives of our patients, our communities, and each other. Together, we are creating better outcomes for all.
We’re reimagining health care with a primary care-led, value-based care model. Here, you will be part of a team delivering the care we want to see in the world. It is what drives us to knock down old barriers in health care because every patient, every person and every community deserves better care. Here, you will be at the center of our mission. Your voice will be heard, and you will feel empowered to do what’s best and right for our patients, communities, and each other. To learn more about VillageMD visit our corporate site VillageMD.com.
As a Clinical Support – RN (remote), you will be responsible for providing virtual assessment of patient’s needs. This requires the application of a variety of procedures, policies, and/or precedents relating to both the standards and procedures of the nursing profession and those established by VMD. The Clinical Support – RN provides advice and follow-up education consistent with the patient’s age and cultural needs. The Clinical Support – RN responds to the patient’s inquiries, prioritizing responses and routing urgent situations to the appropriate VMD provider. The Clinical Support – RN maintains accurate and appropriate documentation and follows patient privacy in accordance with HIPAA and VMD policies and procedures.
How You Will Get Things Done:
- Utilize physician-approved protocols and online assessment tools to identify symptoms, manage patient health concerns and direct patients to appropriate and necessary care
- Document all clinical interventions in applicable EMR and electronic software systems
- Document symptoms/complaints, nursing assessment, advice, and patient/caller response
- Follow policies, procedures, and protocols to ensure consistency and departmental effectiveness
- Assess the physical, social, and emotional needs of patients and families
- Thoroughly report assessment, intervention, and/or recommendations as provided to patient
- Guide evaluation by instructing patient/caller how to evaluate symptoms and educate on effectiveness of treatment and when to call back
- Call pharmacy with prescriptions ordered by the provider based on an acute need
- Address changes in patient’s health status and perform follow-up activities including laboratory results and diagnostics, scheduling same-day appointments and assisting with medication inquiries
How You Will Build Trust:
- Respond to patient questions and appropriately provide reassurance addressing patient concerns
- Educate patient and/or family members about diagnostic procedures, medications, nutrition and maintenance of health and wellness
- Counsel patients and families on concerning health assessments and educate on prevention of disease and health maintenance
- Improve health care outcomes of patients and their access to appropriate health care
- Develop and maintain effective professional working relationships with the providers and staff at VMD
How You Will Innovate:
- Participate in orienting and develop training to help guide team members
- Develop a working nursing diagnosis and determine interventions and dispositions per guidelines
Experience to Drive Change:
- Active unencumbered compact RN license
- 1 year of experience preferred
- 2+ years of Med-Surg experience plus 1+ year in high acuity (ER, ICU, IMU, CCU, Pre/Post Op) setting – OR – Ambulatory Telephone Triage Certification plus 3+ years in Telephone Triage setting (strongly preferred)
- Expert level working with various computer software and programs; strong technology skills (touch typing at 45 – 65 WPM strongly preferred)
- Flexibility in shift scheduling per the needs of our patients (working opening, mid, and closing shifts during business hours)
For Colorado Residents only: The base compensation range for this role is $19-28. At VillageMD, compensation is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, location, etc. The selected candidate will be eligible for a valuable company benefits plan, including health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, and access to a 401k plan.
Total Rewards at VillageMD
Our team members are essential to our mission to reshape healthcare through the power of connection. VillageMD highly values the critical role that health and wellness play in the lives of our team members and their families. Participation in VillageMD’s benefit platform includes Medical, Dental, Life, Disability, Vision, FSA coverages and a 401k savings plan.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Our Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, race, color, religion, creed, gender/sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression (including transgender status), national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, military status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Our Company cares about the safety of our employees and applicants. Our Company does not use chat rooms for job searches or communications. Our Company will never request personal information via informal chat platforms or unsecure email. Our Company will never ask for money or an exchange of money, banking or other personal information prior to the in-person interview. Be aware of potential scams while job seeking. Interviews are conducted at select Our Company locations during regular business hours only. For information on job scams, visit, https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/JobScams or file a complaint at https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/.