Remote COVID-19 Case Investigators (AM – Applied Memetics)
- Specialty License RN
- State License(s) Nationwide
AM has immediate openings for Case Navigators to support state and local efforts to fight the COVID-19 Contact Tracing program, nationwide. High call-volume position. No travel required. This position will begin immediately.
Background: The scale and complexity of the COVID-19 outbreak has underscored the need for prompt and effective implementation of evidence-based containment measures. Contact tracing is one of the interventions that has been used to effectively control recent pandemics (Ebola, SARS), and has shown to be effective against COVID-19 mitigation in South Korea, New Zealand and elsewhere.
AM LLC has identified over 18,000 qualified and motivated candidates who have responded to our call to action to support COVID-19 response efforts. Our candidates are located throughout the U.S., come from a variety of backgrounds, and possess the skills and personal qualities necessary to work as Contact Tracers, Care Resource Coordinators, and Case Investigators.
The successful Case Navigator will oversee, support, and provide ongoing training to Case Coordinators and Contact Tracers who will gather information for cases and contacts.
- Direct supervision of a unit of 14-18 people that collectively performs all functions of the COVID-19 Community Team response.
- Liaises with client and AM corporate staff; alongside client, manages initial outreach to case.
- Assists local health department with collection of laboratory reporting and identifies PUIs.
- Allocates tasks to the team; provides oversight of team operations and performance; ensures compliance with client guidelines and protocols and shares feedback and best practices with the client.
- Assists in disease tracking.
- Protect and maintain individuals’ privacy and confidentiality
- Provide guidance to Case Investigators and Contact Tracers to ensure that case interview activities are conducted according to applicable protocols, policies and procedures
- As needed, conduct case reviews with Case Investigators and Contact Tracers to ensure comprehensive and high-quality interviews
- Provide leadership with ongoing feedback on protocols, data collection instruments and systems to enhance their effectiveness and efficiency in meeting Call Center objectives
- Coordinate the unit’s schedules and provide daily, remote supervision and troubleshooting.
- Conduct phone calls, as needed, including to cases and/or contacts who have been exposed to COVID-19, to places of business a COVID-19 positive patient has frequented, and to refer patients and their families to different social services.
- Track daily and weekly progress for the unit, including cases contacted successfully, contacts tracked and referred, and patients and contacts referred to social support systems
- Perform quality assurance through listening in on calls or to recordings of calls and providing feedback to team as well as participating in quality improvement conversations with supervisors
- “Making Contact: A Training for COVID-19 Contact Tracers” (ASTHO) completed by date of hire.
- Experience in clinical medicine and/or public health a plus. Strong preference for nurses or other clinical staff.
- Experience supervising teams in complex environments preferred.
- Ability to exhibit a professional, positive attitude and work ethic
- Excellent interpersonal skills required and ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse individuals during a time of crisis and distress
- Ability to show empathy to distressed individuals
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to speak, read, and write English
- Proficiency in languages other than English is a strong plus.
- Second or multiple languages a plus
- Critical thinking and sound judgment required
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and professionalism
- Proficiency with computers
- Technology requirements: PC with Windows 10, Antivirus Protection: Windows Defender and Windows Firewall; or Mac with Apple OS X 10.13, Antivirus Protection: Sophos; and personal mobile device to use for this job. A headset is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a health-science field with a minimum of one (1) year of supervisory experience in a clinical setting.
Note: Due to the high volume of applicants, we may be unable to respond to telephone or email inquiries, but we are reviewing and considering all applications in the order in which they were submitted on a rolling basis.