Remote Escalations Lead RN/LPN/LVN
- Clinical License LPN, LVN, RN
- State(s) Nationwide
Our mission is simple—we’re changing the way we care for our parents so they can live safely at home as they age. But how we accomplish our mission is anything but simple. Every day, we’re solving complex problems that don’t come with a playbook. Sound compelling? If you’re someone who shares our core values—Own the Outcome, Solve with Empathy, and Act with Honor—let’s talk.
Founded in 2014, Honor is now one of the fastest-growing, non-medical home care companies in the U.S. Why? We realized that by combining our amazing technology and operations with the local, personal touch of our partner agencies, we could make real progress transforming this fast-growing, $30BN industry. Honor’s unique approach is driving our leadership as an innovator—and our rapid growth. We have cutting-edge machine learning, a beautiful, well-designed app, and industry-leading design, paired with a strong sales, marketing, and support engine. But we’re not a tech company, we’re a human company. The technology we design just helps our people be even better at their jobs.
As an Escalations Lead, your job is to closely monitor Honor’s safety escalations channels (which can be over the phone or through online communication) to ensure that service incidents are handled by our Front Line staff in the appropriate manner; and to provide real time feedback and direction to ensure the health and safety of our clients and caretakers. By utilizing assessment skills in conjunction with established protocols, the Escalations Lead will provide support, advice, and oversight to call takers.
This role may be a great fit if you are a strong decision maker who is emotionally disciplined and a strong communicator. Fluency with workplace communication tools and a comfort with Google Docs, Sheets, and Slack is important in this position.
To succeed in this role, you’ll have:
- 3+ years in working in emergency services, clinics, nursing, medical advice lines, or related health care field, and/or former police, ambulance, or 911 dispatch experience
- RN, LVN, or CNA Certification. LVN/RN strongly preferred.
- Experience with elderly, ALF, SNF, or other facilities or hospice
- A willingness to work beyond typical business hours (including nights and weekends) to support our 24/7 operations
About the work:
- Effectively communicate with people in emotional or physical distress and obtain relevant information under pressure
- Proactively provide oversight to escalations Slack channel, making sure appropriate decisions are made
- Determine the nature and assess the severity of reported incidents based on real time, text streams of information regarding incoming calls or the calls themselves
- Proactively engage with call takers by quickly identifying the need for more senior intervention
- Provide assistance, information and direction to call takers – including engaging emergency services
- Maintain non medical service boundaries by engaging appropriate resources (EMS, medical advice lines, police, public utilities) and achieving resolution without dispensing medical advice
- Create clear logs and records of reported incidents and documentation of the response
- Effectively and quickly use call routing system, internal software, and slack messaging to interpret and share information in real time
- Build trust and positive relationships with call takers
- Ability to operate independently and exercise emotional discipline to maintain a calm demeanor when supporting call takers
Due to COVID-19, our employees are working remotely until further notice. For this particular role and shift, this will remain a permanent work from home opportunity. For positions based out of any of our physical offices, we will continue to work remotely until the company determines it is safe to return as per guidelines set by the CDC/WHO and other official advising entities. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of our communities and will re-open our offices when it is safe to do so and all appropriate safety measures are in place.
Want to know more about why Honor is a great place to work? Check out our perks!
This role doesn’t sound quite right? Send this application to a friend who may be a fit and check out our other available roles!