Remote Facility Based Care Advocate (RN) – Michigan
- Clinical License RN
- State(s) MI
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
As a Facility Based Care Advocate you will be responsible for case management and utilization review of behavioral health and substance abuse cases. You’ll have a direct impact on the lives of our members as you recommend and manage the appropriate level of care throughout the entire treatment plan.
Daytime hours of operation: 7am-7pm CST. Staff can work an 8hr shift 5 days (M-F) or 10hr shift (4 day work week). 10hr. shifts will be offered upon completion of training and subject to change.
Weekday Holidays: Staff are expected to work on company observed weekday holidays on a rotational basis
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Focus on inpatient, residential, and partial admissions for psychiatric and chemical dependency patients
- Make patient assessments and determining appropriate levels of care (could include inpatient, residential, and partial levels of care)
- Obtain information from providers on outpatient requests for treatment
- Determine if additional clinical treatment sessions are needed
- Manage inpatient and outpatient mental health cases throughout the entire treatment plan
- Administer benefits and review treatment plans
- Coordinate benefits and transitions between various areas of care
- Identify ways to add value to treatment plans and consulting with facility staff or outpatient care providers on those ideas
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Licensed Master’s degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling or Marriage or Family Counseling, or Licensed Ph.D., or an RN with 2 or more years of experience in behavioral health
- Licenses must be active and unrestricted
- 2+ years’ experience in a related mental health environment post license
- Proficient Microsoft skills (Word, Excel, Outlook) with the ability to toggle between multiple systems
- Have a designated workspace and access to install secure high-speed internet via cable/DSL in home
- Able to work 8 AM – 5:00 PM or 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM CST schedule
- Experience in an inpatient setting
- Dual diagnosis experience with mental health and substance abuse
- Experience working in an environment that required coordination of benefits and utilization of multiple groups and resources for patients
- Facility-based experience
- Experience with the Medicare/Medicaid patient population
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island or Washington residents is $56,300 to $110,400. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.