Remote Full-Time Associate OB High-Risk Case Manager RN – Telecommute – Compact State
- Clinical License RN
- State(s) Compact
Full Job Description
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that’s improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There’s no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
This is a Full Time 40 hours a week position.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Provides patient education, individualized care and care coordination for patients receiving diabetes and other services from the call center environment and according to Optum policies and procedures, scope of practice and certification
- Respect each patient’s rights during the provision of care or service and conduct business in an ethical manner
- Positively represent the company to both internal and external customers, maintaining a professional and courteous manner at all times
- Uphold the Alere core values in the conduct of work
- Educate patients and families with a systematic approach, promoting patient understanding of treatment and services, health status, coping ability and patient / family involvement in the continuum of care or service
- Initiate the plan of treatment / care pathway based upon the analysis of information obtained and within scope of practice and certification
- Provide services according to Optum policies and procedures and prescriber plan of treatment
- Individualize patient assessments based on care / services provided and patient need
- Coordinates care with the patient services centers, pharmacists, and other health professionals to promote the continuum of care or service
- Accurately communicate in timely manner patient status information to prescribing physician and provide necessary clinical information to Optum pharmacists and/or other healthcare professional as necessary
- Modify the plan of care, as appropriate, based upon reassessment, change in prescriber orders, the patient’s need for further care or services and the achievement of identified goals within scope of practice and certification
- Ensure interventions respect and encourage the patient’s ability to make choices
- Provide care and services to assigned caseload in an efficient, organized manner
- Maintain flexibility in assignments and scheduling as priorities may change throughout the course of the workday
- Complete clinical record documentation per Optum policies in a timely, complete, and accurate manner
- Provide clinical support relative to diabetes services to key physicians / hospitals through personal contacts and in services, as directed
- Maintain competency on diabetes services according to Optum policies
- Maintain competency in the appropriate use of the computerized clinical system
- Participate in all required continuing education, staff meetings, competency training and assessments
- Maintain all other personnel requirements as outlined per Optum policies
- Assist in clinical and field educator hiring, education and orientation as directed
- Participate in continuously measuring, assessing, and improving performance of clinical and other processes within the center
- Assumes on-call responsibility as assigned
- Participate in holiday and weekend schedule as assigned
- Emergency preparedness plan may require after hours opening of the diabetes patient services centers to manage patient needs
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Registered Nurse with current nursing license
- Multi Sate RN Licensure active and unrestricted and residence in a compact state
- 1+ years of Obstetrical nursing
- Antepartum Nursing
- Evidence of independent practice in delivering nursing care
- Basic computer functionality including the use of the computerized clinical I system, internet and intranet and email systems agency requirements and the managed care industry
- 3+ years of Obstetrical Nursing
- Ability to document patient care clearly and accurately
- Ability to obtain License in multiple states
- Excellent Written and verbal communication skills
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers with Optum. Here’s the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.