Remote GI Nurse Practitioner – Texas
- Clinical License APRN, FNP
- State(s) TX
Full Job Description
Oshi Health: Remote GI Expert Nurse Practitioner in Texas
Are you a Nurse Practitioner looking to work as part of a multidisciplinary care team to improve the digestive health of a large population on a national scale?
Are you ready to create a revolutionary new approach to digestive health care with a radically better patient experience while bending the cost curve down?
Do you share our belief that telehealth and data-driven remote care can provide more accessible, convenient, supportive and holistic approaches to diagnosing, treating and controlling symptoms for GI conditions?
Are you looking for a flexible, part-time position to provide remote care to our patients?
Do you thrive in a rapidly evolving, fast-paced environment requiring creativity, resourcefulness, high energy and an ability to adapt quickly?
If so, you could be a perfect fit for our team! We are a group of like-minded professionals who share a common mission and passion for helping others and a desire to build an industry-leading service in the GI space.
About Oshi Health
Oshi Health is revolutionizing GI care with a digital clinic model that provides easy, convenient access to an integrated and multidisciplinary care team that takes a holistic approach to diagnosing, managing and treating digestive health conditions.
We take time to get to know each patient, develop a personalized, whole-person care plan that includes identification of symptom triggers and prescription of evidence-based interventions, including medications, dietary changes, and mental health support. Our care is delivered virtually through our app, via secure messaging and telehealth visits. When in-person diagnostics or procedures are needed, we take a concierge approach and coordinate access, care and follow up with local providers. For more information, visit us at: www.oshihealth.com
We are seeking a Nurse Practitioner to serve as the clinical lead for our GI patients. As a core member of the clinical team, you will have access to ongoing training and support from a GI focused team (RD, Physicians, Health Coaches, etc.) to help you develop an expertise with digestive health conditions (IBD, IBS, GERD, SIBO, etc).
What you’ll do
The Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner (CRNP), in collaboration with the supervising gastroenterologist , is responsible for providing gastrointestinal care (IBS, IBD, GERD, etc) to adults via a tele-medicine platform. The CRNP functions as a member of a multidisciplinary health care team.
- Build relationships with patients and provide routine and urgent GI care via online Telehealth platforms (e.g., video visits, chat messaging)
- Assess and diagnose GI conditions, with a focus on GERD, IBS and IBD, by taking the lead on the development of diagnosis and treatment plans for patients
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of care providers (including MDs, Health Coaches, Dietitians) to implement treatment plans and provide a comprehensive and coordinated approach to member care
- Comply with guidelines as outlined within the company clinical protocols, specifically ROME IV criteria, AGA guidelines, etc
- Initiate and maintain patient health records and reports
- Participate in professional training activities to maintain and advance knowledge base
- Contribute to company wide development of nutritional best practices and feedback to share your professional experience with other team members and further improve patient experiences
- Current licensure as a Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner in the state of Texas.
- Masters Degree, Post Masters’ Certificate, or Doctorate in Nursing
- Current certification by ANCC or other qualifying agency as an Adult, or Family Nurse Practitioner.
- 2+ years of experience performing consultative services in the specialty practice of gastroenterology in an outpatient or inpatient setting.
- Ability to work alongside and communicate effectively with other care providers (e.g., Physician, Psychologist, Health Coach, Registered Dietitian)
- Comfortable with or willing to learn common administrative technologies (e.g. Zoom, Microsoft Office, or equivalent), charting electronically, experience with telehealth platforms preferred
What you’ll bring to the team
- Winning attitude and a strong desire to provide high-quality, virtual-based GI care for patients
- Previous experience in GI care or an excitement to learn about this space
- Ability to succeed in a highly coordinated, cross-functional team environment
- Well organized and collaborative, with an eye for details
- Ability to thrive in entrepreneurial environment – you are both comfortable with ambiguity and confident in making decisions
- Operate with high integrity and accountability for results
- Share our mission and desire to improve the lives of many people
- Flexible schedule and hours with availability to schedule Monday through Sunday 8am-8pm
- Part-time schedule with opportunity to increase hours based on growth
- Advanced training and support from a GI focused care team
- Work alongside and receive clinical mentorship from experts in Gastrointestinal Health
Oshi’s core values
- Be Direct & Open
- Do the Right Thing
- Go For It
- Learn & Improve
- Thrive on Diversity