Remote IAC Coding Education Specialist (RN)
- Clinical License RN
- State(s) Nationwide
Where do you belong?
Your career is more than just a job, it’s part of your life. Whether you’re a clinician, or non-clinical professional, at USACS you’ll feel a sense of connection working with clinicians and office staff who share your interests and values. We want you to love coming to work each day because you believe in what you do and the people with whom you work. We care about your success.
USACS also understands that location is important. We offer career opportunities for clinicians and non-clinical support staff from New York to Hawaii and numerous points in between. Our supportive culture, outstanding benefits and competitive compensation package is best in class.
Provide initial training to new coding staff and ongoing training/education to current coding staff. Research complex coding issues and recommend resolutions. Identify training needs and develop processes
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Train new coding hires and provide education to existing coding staff.
- Develop electronic training, education modules, validation systems and other tools/resources.
- Research new coding topics or issues, develop and roll out education and/or continuous improvement updates.
- Provide quality coding consultations.
- Assist in preparation for monthly coding meetings and participate in meetings.
- Perform focused coder audits, identify trends, and provide coder education.
- Work closely with analyst to revise current standard operating procedures as well as develop new procedures.
- Maintains knowledge of current trends and practices in coding principles and government regulations through reading materials and/or attendance at educational meetings or seminars.
- Performs and assists with other department duties as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of and experience using ICD-10-CM and CPT coding.
- Knowledge of payor and coding guidelines.
- Knowledge of and skill in using personal computers in a Windows environment with an emphasis on basic word processing, data entry, spreadsheets, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and be multi-task oriented.
- Ability to identify research and solve problems and discrepancies.
- Ability to communicate with employees, management, and physicians in a courteous professional manner.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to process assigned duties in an organized manner.
- Preferred: IAC E&M Coding Experience
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- RHIT, RN, CPC, or CCS-P accreditation.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for prolonged periods and occasionally walk, stand, bend, stoop, and lift up to 15 pounds.
- Required to have close visual acuity to perform the job.
Hourly Rate: $18.76-$31.26
Rate may be determined on several factors including but not limited to knowledge, skills, experience, education, geographical location and requirements stated in job description