Remote LMSW Care Navigator & Referral Coordinator (Vida)
- Specialty License lcsw, lmsw
- State License(s) any
The Care Navigator and Referral Coordinator is a member-facing role that serves as a key support function for Vida members. The role reports to the Director of Behavioral Health and Clinical Strategy.
This role –
- Works carefully with members to provide consultation and referrals to appropriate community resources and providers. These may include mental health professionals, patient-centered medical homes, local pharmacists, and others. In some cases, insurance coverage will need to be addressed
- Collaborates with internal partners in the clinical and coaching departments, and bridges members to benefits available across various accounts.
- Prioritizes member satisfaction, outcomes, risk mitigation, and adherence to protocols
- Documents care navigation protocols, and improves these protocols iteratively, with an eye toward increased scalability
IDEAL CANDIDATE SHOULD BE BASED IN CDT, MDT OR EDT TIMEZONES.
- Consult directly with members involved in Vida’s health coaching and behavioral health programs who may need referrals to services outside of Vida, including medication management, long term therapy, referrals to crisis services or community agencies
- Communicate with members in a tactful, sensitive, clinically appropriate manner that minimizes risk of member dissatisfaction
- Act as advocates for Vida members by explaining options for additional care, and helping them navigate use of benefits or identify providers with access
- Support health coaches by providing consultation or direct support for members who are struggling and need triage of additional support in the form of brief case management and, care coordination, etc.
- Maintain confidentiality of information and electronic documents
- Keep professional records about all encounters in electronic chart
- Attend team meetings, All-Hands meetings, 1:1 meetings, and project-based meetings as scheduled
- Participate as an active member of a multidisciplinary team, with potential opportunity to participate in agile teams across departments at Vida
- Participate in other special projects and related program development and process improvement initiatives as needed, particularly in area of care navigation, resource generation by locality, and risk management
You have a strong customer service background in behavioral health or a related field. You have experience in a healthcare setting and are comfortable in a fast-paced, team-based environment. You apply critical thinking skills and judgment while maintaining good boundaries and professionalism. You are familiar with basic documentation and HIPAA guidelines. You are comfortable with technology and enjoy working in a dynamic, quickly evolving start-up environment. You are committed to improving the well-being and health of others through Vida’s mission of evidence-based health coaching.
Required skills and qualifications:
- 2+ years experience in a care navigation, referral coordinator, or crisis intervention role, preferably with complex or behavioral health care coordination
- Licensed in behavioral health – LMSW Required
- Experience in a customer service client-facing role in a medical, healthcare, or behavioral health setting
- Basic knowledge of behavioral interventions and approaches to behavior change
- Knowledge of HIPAA, data privacy guidelines as they relate to PHI and digital health
- Graduate degree in a health-related discipline preferred
- Ability to work independently and on teams and meet deadlines
- Attention to detail and knowledge of clinical documentation practices
- Comfortable navigating electronic medical records
- Proactive and collaborative working style with capacity to pivot priorities and triage focus as needed to meet organizational demands
- We are looking for candidates who live in either Central, Mountain or Eastern Daylight Time timezones.
- Knowledge of, and experience in the digital and mobile health space
- Have availability to work scheduled evenings and weekends as needed
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is highly preferred
- Startup experience and enthusiasm for innovative and dynamic culture
- Experience working with multidisciplinary technical teams including product managers, designers, and engineers
*This is an external posting. Remote Medical Jobs has no affiliation with the company and no further information on the position. I simply find and share these jobs to the community. If interested, please click Apply below for the external link*