Remote Nurse Care Manager (RN) – Compact License
- Clinical License RN
- State(s) Compact
We’re looking for Nurse Care Managers who are passionate about caring for patients holistically through their healthcare journey and ensuring needs are met with industry-leading interventions.
Nurse Care Managers will guide patients through complex medical situations, partnering with a multidisciplinary clinical team that includes a variety of healthcare professionals, care coordinators, and records specialists, to deliver integrated remote care in an innovative way. The Nurse Care Manager should enjoy spending time on the phone, listening to patients’ needs, answering questions, and serving as an advocate. They should also excel at creating cohesive care plans, and should possess the clinical acumen to guide patients clinically, including navigation of available benefits and resources. Nurse Care Managers will support patients through complex care management, disease management, and acute case management, ensuring they receive longitudinal care that results in excellent health outcomes.
- Deliver coordinated, patient-centered virtual Care Management by telephone and/or video that improves patients’ health outcomes
- Generate impactful care plans together with our patients and our multidisciplinary care team via active listening/motivational interviewing. Tailor care plans to patients’ needs. Collaborate with patients and the multidisciplinary care team to achieve the desired goals.
- Help patients navigate complex medical conditions, treatment pathways, benefits, and the healthcare system in general.
- Communicate and partner with patients’ local providers to ensure coordinated care.
- Provide compassionate, longitudinal follow-up care, building supportive relationships.
- Assist throughout acute healthcare episodes, such as hospitalizations and rehabilitation stays, providing coordinated Case Management to support the patient and their family.
- Coordinate necessary resources that holistically address patients’ problems, whether clinical or social.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Registered Nurse, licensed and in good standing with the nursing board of their state
- Reside and have an active license in a state covered by the Nurse Licensure Compact
- Willingness to become licensed in multiple states
- 2+ years experience with an innovative or high performing population health management program is a plus but not required. Experience with diverse populations is preferred.
- Comfortable working with a wide variety of medical conditions
- Training/experience in motivational interviewing or health coaching preferred
- Bilingual skills in Spanish is preferred.
- Be highly empathetic. We work with patients and their families who are going through challenging times. Ideal candidates practice empathy, reassure patients that we are available to help them and build connections with patients and their families.
- Must be able to work efficiently. We are a fast growing company and we are busy. Our team is expected to meet role specific metrics without sacrificing quality. Good judgment for balancing priorities is a must.
- Be flexible and comfortable with working in a rapidly-changing environment.
- Be able and willing to work until 6pm local time, with occasional weekend commitments as well
- Strictly follow security and HIPAA regulations to protect our patients’ medical information
- Be pleasant, responsive, and willing to work with and learn from our team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. A lot of time is spent on the phone with patients and families, as well as a lot of time communicating with colleagues. Therefore, the ability to gather a clinical history, answer questions at a patient level, and succinctly summarize findings is critical.
- Strong competence and ability to use multiple computer/medical record systems.
- Collaborate well across multidisciplinary teams with clinical and non-clinical members to deliver a seamless, top-quality care experience to patients.
- Ability to understand cultural and socioeconomic issues affecting members and to coordinate all available resources to serve members.
- Excellent grammar, attention to detail, and efficient at writing medical information in easy-to-understand, patient-centric language.
About Included Health
Included Health is a new kind of healthcare company, delivering integrated virtual care and navigation. We’re on a mission to raise the standard of healthcare for everyone. We break down barriers to provide high-quality care for every person in every community — no matter where they are in their health journey or what type of care they need, from acute to chronic, behavioral to physical. We offer our members care guidance, advocacy, and access to personalized virtual and in-person care for everyday and urgent care, primary care, behavioral health, and specialty care. It’s all included. Learn more atincludedhealth.com.
Included Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Included Health considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.