Remote Nurse Practitioner – Annual Wellness Visits – Arizona
- Clinical License APRN
- State(s) AZ
A GGH Annual Wellness Visit (AWV) Nurse Practitioner will conduct annual wellness visits and create or update a personalized prevention plan to prevent illness based on current health and risk factors and optimize the management of the patient’s current medical conditions. This will include performing various tests, screenings, providing general and preventative care, and collecting family history information. You will also be responsible for counseling patients with education regarding preventative care and prescribed treatments.
What will you do as an AWV NP?
- Perform an annual wellness exam for senior Medicare patients. This role is primarily telehealth but can include in clinic or in-home visits.
- Obtain and record the patient’s medical history and symptoms, including medicine reconciliation
- HCC coding, verification, and risk adjustment
- Perform various tests and screenings
- Collaborate with Primary Care team to ensure completion of holistic patient care
- Expected patient volume completed per day in telehealth: 10
- Expected patient volume completed per day in-home: 5-6
- Complete charts within 72 hours of patients’ visits; you will have access to EMR and/or portals to review charts and document notes
- Cover for other Nurse Practitioners when necessary
- Maintains patients’ confidence by completing and safeguarding medical records, keeping patients’ information confidential, and abiding by all HIPAA rules and regulations
- This position is a full time Nurse Practitioner opportunity (5 days a week, 8am-5pm schedule).
What will make you successful at GGH?
- Demonstrate the ability to execute thoroughly in a fast-paced work environment and continually build upon best-practices for efficiency
- Ability to build rapport with the aging and elderly population through effective redirection skills
- Detail-oriented and thrives in routine work
- Open to feedback from the clinical and leadership team to strive for constant improvement with coding and processes
- Comfort with technology systems, commitment to timely EMR documentation, and have a deep understanding of Medicare HCC coding
- Flexible with work schedule and work setting as needed
The ideal candidate is passionate about providing high-quality care and constantly striving for excellence. You get out of bed every day to do this work because continual improvement and learning makes you happy. You have experience providing care to the underserved population and are passionate about providing more access to comprehensive care. You emphasize personal connection to provide effective patient education and use a comprehensive approach to care. Most importantly, you share and embody the GGH values to every interaction ensuring that every patient is provided the opportunity to receive quality care.
Experience and Qualifications
- Current Arizona and California Nurse Practitioner license
- Nurse Practitioner certification from either the ANCC / AANP
- 2 + years of clinical experience as a NP in either Primary Care, Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Gerontology or Palliative Care. Home care experience is a plus.
- Working knowledge of chronic care management and various medication options
- Current DEA licensure / Prescriptive Authority post-hire
- Active CPR/BLS Certification
- Current Arizona Driver’s License
- Bilingual preferred – English and Spanish
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick time
- Paid parental leave
- 401K program (company match included)
- Monthly phone and internet reimbursement
- Monthly wellness reimbursement
- Wellness resources – BetterHelp, the Calm app, Quarterly Wellness Events
- Dedicated support staff such as care coordinators and MD advisors
- Malpractice coverage
- CE Credits: our own GGH Institute provides quarterly sessions and, approved by the AANP for CE credits
- Up to $500 reimbursement annually toward licensure renewal (medical license, furnishing and DEA)
- Collaborative and supportive GGH Nurse Practitioner Community, including GGH Institute for learning