Remote Nurse Practitioner Specialist (RN, APRN, FNP) – Kansas
- Clinical License RN, APRN, FNP
- State(s) KS
Full job description
Ascend Learning is a national leader in data driven, online educational solutions for learners, educators and employers in high-growth, licensure-driven professions spanning healthcare, fitness and wellness, skilled trades, insurance and financial services. We are passionate about accelerating learning while impacting job readiness, employment success and employee retention with the belief that our work changes lives.
Our culture is intentionally results-driven and selfless with a relentless focus on our customers. We believe in trust, transparency, freedom and responsibility with a commitment to meritocracy, inclusion and diversity of thought. Continual investment in our over 1500 employees is also a core principle realized through ongoing professional development and providing opportunities to grow, develop and lead. Ascend Learning is headquartered in Burlington, MA with additional office locations and remote workers in cities across the U.S.
As a Nurse Practitioner Specialist, you will assist with product and item development, create original content, and update existing content. The Nurse Practitioner Specialist will collaborate with multiple departments to review and revise content and provide support to peers and outside content consultants. This individual must communicate effectively and professionally, both verbally and in writing.
This position exists to provide accurate, consistent content across products and provide input on product development. This position can be remote.
- Develop assessment items, original content, or maintain current content and/or products that reflect current nursing practice
- Balance the workload for multiple projects while adhering to guidelines for product development to meet established deadlines
- Respond to internal and external client inquiries, as well as content or product questions, appropriately and in a timely fashion
- Assist with the training and coordinating of internal and external contributors on projects, including clear and concise communications to meet the requirements of the product specifications
Education and Experience
- Master’s degree in nursing with a Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP)
- Current Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) and/or Registered Nurse (RN) license and current FNP certification (AANP or ANCC)
- Five years of clinical experience as a nurse practitioner
- One year of experience as a nursing faculty
- Current PRN clinical experience preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, Adobe Acrobat, and the internet
- Understanding of item writing
- Knowledge of current advanced practice nursing and nursing education
- Adherence to guidelines in product development and established deadlines
- Ability to produce professional, original writing
- Ability to attend item review meetings with internal or external Subject Matter Experts (SMEs)
- Assist consultants with questions regarding product development
- Conduct beta testing and quality assurance checks on products prior to release
- Travel is required as needed
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
Ascend Learning, LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (M/F/Vets/Disabled). No agency or search firm submissions will be accepted. Applications for U.S. based positions with Ascend Learning, LLC must be legally authorized to work in the United States and verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.