Remote Occupational Health Nurse (RN) – NY & Compact
- Clinical License RN
- State(s) Compact, NY
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH NURSE
Status: Exempt (Salaried)
In this role, the occupational health nurse will provide case management oversight and coordinate care for Plug employees through partnerships with occupational health providers. This role will report to EHS and be responsible to collaborate with HR, Worker’s Comp, EHS, employees and Plug leaders. The occupational health nurse will be responsible for audiometric scheduling, medical respirator fit testing, fit for duty evaluations. They will also develop injury and illness prevention campaigns and education as well as help ensure employees recover from injury or illness and return to work. The occupational health nurse will help develop written programs and policies related to occupational health. The ideal candidate will have previous occupational health experience in manufacturing or field technician industries or emergency room experience with strong observation, triage and documentation skills. Previous experience or willingness to learn how to complete ergonomic assessments is also desired.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate with HR to evaluate and establish working relationships with local occupational health providers in proximity to Plug facilities
- Medical case management and return to work
- Participate in evaluations with EHS for work relatedness determinations
- Coordinate with EHS and HR to establish occupational health policies including COVID-19
- Coordinate medical monitoring related to noise exposure or respiratory protection
- Identify solutions for virtual triage services
- Evaluate and recommend medical case management software
- Wellness program coordination with HR including development wellness educational campaigns
Education and Experience
- Registered nurse licensed in NY and in one of the Nursing License Compact states
- 3-5 years occupational health experience
- Detailed case management and excellent observational and triage skills
- Able to maintain composure and work effectively under emergency situations
- Strong knowledge of OSHA Recordkeeping standard and industrial health standards
- Employee health experience
- Able to conduct evaluations or assessments of work activities in facilities wearing PPE (safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves as needed)
- Experience in ergonomic evaluations desired
- Previous occupational health or emergency room experience desired
- Exempt employees are expected to work as many hours as is necessary to complete their job responsibilities. This may require they work more than eight hours a day and more than five days or 40 hours per week.
$75,240.00 – $112,860.00
We offer a fantastic total rewards package at Plug, and a brief summary is below:
✓Base salary is determined on a number of factors including but not limited to education, experience, skills, and geography. These factors are considered when making an offer of employment. If you are interested in this position, we’d ask that you apply.
✓The above pay range, may not take into account local geographic pay variations. If there is an applicable geographic differential, a member of the HR team can discuss that with you.
✓Health, Dental & Vision Insurance eligibility starting from the first day of hire
✓401(k) with 5% company match
✓Paid time off including vacation, personal and sick time
✓Wellness Reimbursement Program
✓Potential to apply for Tuition Reimbursement
✓Employee Referral program
✓Employee Assistance Program
Plug Power Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.