Remote Part-time Oncology Nurse Navigator (RN) – Arizona
- Clinical License RN
- State(s) AZ
Full job description
Onco360 is a unique Oncology Pharmacy model created to serve the needs of community, oncology and hematology physicians, patients, payers, and manufacturers. Our Onco360 Pharmacy in Houston, TX has a need for a part-time Oncology Nurse Navigator to join our growing team! The hours for this position will be Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday 8 :30-5 CST. This is a remote position, but it is required that you live within a commutable distance to our pharmacy location in Houston, TX.
The Oncology Nurse Navigator is a nursing professional who specializes in caring for people with cancer. This position will provide professional services to Oncology patients in a manner that maximizes quality and patient safety. This position is responsible for helping to coordinate the many aspects of care throughout the patient’s cancer treatment. They will manage and counsel patients and follow set policies and procedures that are established for Onco360 pharmacies.
Oncology Nurse Navigator Position Responsibilities:
- Communicate with patients helping them understand the disease, treatment plan and possible side effects.
- Provides medication therapy management.
- Assist health care providers and patients, greeting them by phone, answering questions and requests.
- Review medical and health history of patients.
- Communicates with patients and physician’s office staff.
- Complies with professional practice and patient confidentiality laws.
- Document any adverse drug reactions according to manufacturer guidelines.
- Informs pharmacy manager of medication errors.
- Documents all communication with physicians, or other healthcare providers.
- Follow up with patients and providers to monitor progress towards meeting drug treatment goals.
Oncology Nurse Navigator Position Qualifications:
- Required: Bachelors of Science in Nursing
- Desired: 1+ years’ experience in oncology
- Required: 1+ years in a healthcare setting
- Desired: 1+ years in specialty pharmacy setting
- Required: compassion, good communication skills, critical thinking, adaptability, attention to detail
- Desired: clinical and/or case management experience
- Required: Current license as registered nurse
- Desired: ONCC or ONS certification
- Required: compassionate, outgoing and energetic attitude, multi-tasking ability, good listening skills
Company Values: Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, Passion