Remote Patient Access Specialist (RN)
- Clinical License RN
- State(s) Nationwide
Full job description
The Patient Access Specialist will be responsible for serving as a single point of contact for healthcare providers/patients for their reimbursement and access needs in his/her geographic area. The Specialist will help patients and healthcare providers navigate through navigate insurance and financial related assistance. This position reports to the Manager of Patient Access and Reimbursement.
Job Scope and Major Responsibilities:
- Act as a reimbursement navigator for patients, healthcare providers and specialty pharmacies that opt into Patient Access service offerings for both oral and IV BMS Hem/Onc products.
- Manage caseloads within their geographic areas and provide seamless coverage for other Patient Access Specialists’ caseloads when necessary.
- Accurately and thoroughly assess all patient needs and document all case notes
- Provide timely resolution to open cases
- Communicate with the patient/authorized representative, healthcare provider and specialty pharmacy regarding case-related updates and to appropriately manage expectations
- Ability to manage critical conversations with patients, healthcare providers and pharmacies
- Multi-task different geographies from day to day
- Comprehensive assessment of each case to determine appropriate avenue to maximize patient access to BMS products
- Provide timely response to reimbursement/access related questions
- Identify alternative resources available, i.e., insurance or financial-related assistance
- Provide information and education on Medicare Part D enrollment
- Determine eligibility for BMS Patient Access Program
- Provide support to customers in the implementation of BMS REMs programs
- Develop and maintain an understanding of market access challenges. Act as subject matter expert and educate patients, healthcare providers and internal cross-functional partners.
- Effective collaboration within a team to enhance access of BMS products.
- Effectively work with reimbursement vendor to determine patient eligibility for assistance.
- Bachelor’s degree required. 2+ years’ experience in hematology/oncology, pharmaceutical and/or healthcare industry preferred. RN, RPH, MSW, CPhT or billing experience a plus
- Bilingual is a plus
- Has knowledge of IV and oral product reimbursement
- Understanding of the healthcare industry, including both private and government payer landscape
- Utilize critical thinking to problem-solve access challenges
- Apply emotional intelligence
- Empathetic listening skills to interact effectively with patients and providers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to lead presentations that effectively impact understanding of key messages
- Proficient in MS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Ability to balance independent priorities with the priorities of the team/organization
- Compliance with the provisions of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 and its implementing regulations, as amended (“HIPAA”)
Asembia is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, natural origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, citizenship, genetic disposition, disability or veteran’s status or any other classification protected by State/Federal laws.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 – $22.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- How many years of experience do you have ?
- How much are looking to make in this role?
- When can you start?
Work Location: Remote