Remote Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner – California
- Clinical License PMHNP
- State(s) CA
Path is a healthcare company powered by technology, dedicated to making mental health care work for everyone. Path takes a patient-first approach, where treatment is more accessible, personalized, and effective. With Path, it’s easy to find a high-quality therapist or psychiatric clinician who accepts insurance and is actively accepting new patients.
We are deeply committed to providing high-quality care that improves the lives of patients, investing in the providers who deliver that care, and always operating in an ethical and compliant manner.
What we’re solving
Over 65 million Americans have a treatable mental health issue — that’s 1 in 5 people. Today it’s difficult to find a provider, and for those with complicated conditions, it’s nearly impossible to find coordinated care. There’s a good chance someone close to you could have used the help, even if it wasn’t obvious to the people around them. We’re here to fix this.
Path’s mission is to make mental healthcare work for everyone.
We’re excited to be expanding our telehealth clinic where providers focus on delivering high-quality care directly, without being overworked. We’re looking for high-quality board-certified Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioners (PMHNP) to join our diverse community.
Salary range: $140,000 to $280,000k*
*Our target compensation is $187,000 for clinicians that are billing 33 clinical hours a week and taking all of their paid time off. The range is a function of how many weekly visits are done, documentation and billing practices reflecting complexity and services provided, and paid time off utilized.
We’re an organization committed to building a comprehensive, modern psychiatric clinic with a north star of delivering patient care at the highest quality standards. Our clinic was designed with the needs of PMHNPs in mind; at Path, you can count on end-to-end clinical and administrative support that gives you the time, space, and autonomy to care for your patients. We don’t cut corners and we take seriously our responsibilities as a telehealth-based organization to be ethical, compliant, and to put patient safety first.
What sets us apart
- Comprehensive support: Our team of RNs, Medical Assistants, crisis coordinators, Collaborating MDs, and patient schedulers work alongside you to ensure your time is spent on the work only someone at your license level can perform.
- Flexibility: At Path, you get to work as a part of a team while retaining your autonomy. You choose when you work, between 7am and 7pm PST, 7 days a week from the clinical environment that works best for you.
- Work/life balance: We know great patient care starts with healthy, engaged clinicians. We set sustainable clinical hour standards, cap daily intakes, and build in time for meetings and documentation.
- Clinical Leadership: Our leadership team includes multiple licensed, practicing clinicians, so you can feel confident this organization is guided by clinical best practice.
- Innovation: We’re on a mission to raise the standard of care, and are building the technology and tools to empower our clinicians and patients across every step of their care journey.
We equip clinicians with what you need to thrive
- Full administrative support: We manage the administrative tasks, so you can focus on what matters most. We take care of finding patients, getting them scheduled, and handling everything related to insurance and billing. Plus, our dedicated support team is on hand to answer any questions you or your patients have.
- Advanced technology for efficient documentation: Every Path PMHNP gets a subscription to a medical autoscribe to aid in note-taking. With this tool, our team has seen up to an 80% reduction in documentation time.
- Coordinated care: Our in-house team helps to ensure your patients get the help they need. Whether that’s a higher level of care escalation or a rematch to another clinician, you can rely on a dedicated team of experts.
- Investments in your development: We’re building a culture of collaboration and continuous learning. In addition to an annual stipend for continuing education, our team works to share best practice and insights to improve the quality of care for Path patients.
- Provide clinical consultations with clients seeking mental health care including diagnostic assessments, psychiatric workup, treatment planning including medication management
- Work with individuals who are struggling with mental health issues such as depression, anxiety, ADHD, trauma, and addiction
- Have access to our EHR & telehealth platform
- Receive MD Supervision & support from Registered Nurses, Care Coordinators, Scheduling, and Technical Support
- Have adequate time to engage with patients — half-hour sessions for follow-ups and 1 hour for initial consultations.
- Be free to focus on care. Path Mental Health takes care of all the credentialing, billing, and marketing
- Engage in collaborative case conferences and clinical team culture as well as collaborative meetings with an MD
- Abide by our policies and procedures, including timely completion of documentation/charge slips, participation in quality audits, and using measurement-informed care as part of the treatment of your patients
- A clinician with 3+ years as a psychiatric Nurse Practitioner with experience with mental health assessment, diagnosis, triage, managing common psychiatric medication and treatment plans, and managing crisis situations
- Certified by the ANCC as a PMHNP
- Looking for a full-time job that requires 33 bookable hours per working week
- In possession of a Master’s or doctoral degree from an accredited university or graduate program in psychiatric mental health nursing
- Actively licensed in the state of California with an active CA DEA number including schedule 2-5 controlled substances
- Willing and able to explore 103B independent practice in California
- Comfortable working independently and proficient with technology, EHR, and telehealth best practices
- Deeply empathetic and skilled at building a rapport with your clients
- No suspension/exclusion/debarment from participation in federal healthcare programs (e.g., Medicare, Medicaid, SCHIP)
- No adverse actions by any nursing board, hospital, or other credentialing body in the past 3 years
As Part Of Our Team, Full-Time Employees Receive
- Competitive pay and benefits that do not change based on location
- 4 weeks of discretionary paid time off annually, plus federal holidays
- Paid parental leave to support you and your family
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance through our employer plan for you and your dependents
- Access to our 401K
- Continuing education stipend
- DEA and licensure renewal coverage
- Short-term disability benefits
- Access to an Employer Assistance Plan (EAP) through our insurance plan
- Tech equipment and $250 stipend to ensure your home office sets you up for success
The people of Path are what truly define our mission and determine our impact on the communities we serve. We believe in building not only a team, but a diverse community, inspiring each other by taking on big challenges, growing and succeeding together.