Remote Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner, Contractor – Florida
- Clinical License APRN
- State(s) FL
Valera Health is a best-in-class tele-mental health service company that uses digital technology to deliver high-quality and culturally appropriate behavioral healthcare.
At Valera Health, we practice complete care and believe that great care happens when we work together. We employ a comprehensive care approach that combines therapy and medication management with overall wellness promotion. We make sure our patients are supported between visits with personalized tools and resources and an easy way to reach out for help. Our team works together to provide treatment that is comprehensive, coordinated, and tailored to patients.
We are recruiting Psychiatric Nurse Practitioners for contractor roles to deliver high quality, evidence-based therapy and medication management. Clinicians will work collaboratively with a health navigator who will assist in patient engagement and logistical support. We strive to streamline everyday tasks for clinicians so that they can focus on delivering clinical care.
Join the Valera Community:
- Be part of a compassionate care team dedicated to taking care of patients. Our health coaches, therapists, nurse practitioners, and psychiatrists have a wide range of expertise and work collaboratively to meet patients’ needs.
- Focus on clinical work. Valera will equip you with the technology and EMR system you need to deliver care efficiently and effectively.
- Valera provides malpractice insurance
- Participate in clinical training to grow your skills (CEUs may be available).
- Work from home with flexible, part time hours.
- We will provide an EMR, technology and quick payment after services are rendered.
- Collaborative agreements and clinical rounds with licensed psychiatrists will be provided as needed
- Provide psychiatric telehealth services to patients in accordance with statutes, regulations and protocols regulating the profession
- Follow APA and AACAP evidenced-based practice guidelines
- Conduct initial psychiatric assessments and engage in follow-up appointments as necessary
- Diagnose mental illness, provide psychoeducation, and offer supportive psychotherapy when appropriate
- Prescribe psychotropic medications, and treat patients using evidence-based psychopharmacology
- Educate patients on the risks, benefits, and alternatives of medications, as well as reasonable outcome expectations
- Order and interpret laboratory tests
- Collaborate with other members of the team to efficiently meet the needs of each patient
- Maintain a full clinical caseload
- Check inbox daily for patient messages
- Respond to non-urgent clinical questions within 48 hours
- Sign notes within 48 hours of completing visits
- Complete documentation with appropriate ICD-10 and CPT codes
- Active Nurse Practitioner licensure
- Active DEA licensure
- Experience working with children to mature adult
- Experience working with LGBTQIA+ and HIV population
- Bilingual in Spanish or Chinese
- Commitment to working with diverse populations and diagnoses
- Reliable self-starter who is able to work independently and also as part of a team
To provide compassionate mental healthcare to those who need it the most, when they need it the most.
Valera Health Values:
- Follow the data, embrace change, and adapt purposefully
- Build an authentic, inclusive, and engaged community
- Collaborate and work as a team
- Invest in our team members and their development
- Incorporate diversity and equity every step of the way
- Treat others with dignity and operate with integrity
Benefits include but not limited to:
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Life Insurance
- And many more
Be part of our mission!
We are very proud of the work that we do and it takes a great team to make it happen! If you are interested in one of our open positions, we’d love to start the conversation.
We hire people from all backgrounds because that’s what it takes to build a team that can reach and support those in need of high-quality behavioral healthcare. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.