Remote Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner – IA & TX
- Clinical License APRN, PMHNP
- State(s) IA, TX
Full job description
Are you a Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) interested in working remotely serving rural communities in Texas and Iowa? At QuickVisit, we are seeking a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner to provide telepsychiatry care in conjunction with services provided in our urgent care clinics. Our mission is to help those in underserved communities lead healthier, more fulfilling lives by improving access to trusted, affordable, and personalized urgent, primary, and mental healthcare. We are bringing affordable, accessible care right to patient’s hometowns.
The provider will be responsible for performing psychiatric evaluations and assessments virtually while prescribing and managing patient psychiatric medications from the age of six through adulthood. The Provider would be working with patients who may have the following symptoms/ previous diagnosis: Depression, anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder, attention deficit disorders, grief disorders, bipolar disorders, schizophrenia, mood disorders, substance abuse and personality disorders. Though this is a general list, it is not all encompassing.
The Provider will be expected to conduct one new patient evaluation every hour and to conduct follow-up’s/med checks in 30-minute increments. The provider will need to be able to function autonomously. The NP demonstrates an advanced level of medical and nursing knowledge, clinical/technical competence, sound clinical judgment, professional communication skills, timely and compliant documentation, and responsible for professional development and competency validation.
A collaborating physician will be provided; however, they may not specialize in mental health disorders. This is a part-time or PRN position.
- Flexible schedule
- Ability to work remotely
- Employee discount program
- Malpractice insurance included
- Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) board certification
- Licensed in Iowa and Texas (or willingness to obtain dual licensure)
- Have a valid DEA number
- 1 year of psychiatric experience preferred
- Responsible for screening exams/ diagnostic exams, diagnosis and treatment of the acute psychiatric patient, management of non-emergent medical conditions, and discharging as needed to the appropriate level of care or transferring as appropriate to the designated facility for continued care.
- Provide prescription medications as necessary for outpatient mental health treatment
- Provide counseling as necessary
- Follow all state and federal laws surrounding mental health treatment
- The NP should have a strong foundation in evidence-based practice and education, a responsibility for ensuring adherence to diagnostic and therapeutic algorithms and protocols and ensure an environment of safe and quality care for a wide range of mental health needs.
- The NP demonstrates an advanced level of psychiatric, medical, and nursing knowledge, clinical competence, sound judgment, professional communication skills, timely and compliant documentation, and personal initiative to sustain professional development.
- Assess patients virtually for those who have a valid mental health complaint
- Direct aftercare and discharge planning
- Maintain appropriate state licensure(s)
- Have no pending or past sanctions, debarments, suspensions, or exclusions by any federally funded healthcare program, including Medicare and Medicaid
- Act in accordance with the policies, procedures, and standards of the Facility including all relevant regulations of RHC and State Regulations
- Performs a thorough psychiatric evaluation, medical history, and physical examination in compliance with all relevant standards
- Attend all Treatment Team meetings and/or other appointments requested by the Facility to discuss the coordination of patient care across departments and to review patient progress toward stated goals and objectives of treatment
- The NP should have strong communication skills and be able to coordinate effectively with an interdisciplinary team