Remote Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner – Per Diem – Connecticut – Remote
- Clinical License RN, APRN
- State(s) CT
It’s fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they’re doing!
We’re committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
PM Pediatrics Healthcare is seeking a psychiatric nurse practitioner for the psychopharmacology role with experience in child and adolescent behavioral health needs to join our virtual Behavioral Health Program. This unique opportunity for pediatrics will provide comprehensive behavioral health for the common conditions seen in pediatrics such as depression, anxiety, ADHD and conduct disorders in an extended virtual model.
- Work as part of the virtual behavioral health team, providing patient services using evidence based medicine
- Diagnose and assess mental/behavioral health disorders for pediatric, adolescent and young adult patients; formulate differential diagnoses
- Demonstrate appropriate clinical judgement in assessment and treatment, following established clinical care guidelines
- Collaborate and communicate with therapist team and medical leadership to discuss patient treatment plans
- Order and interpret diagnostic tests when appropriate
- Conduct patient history and initial evaluations of incoming patients
- Prescribe medications as part of the patient’s treatment regime as allowed by license
- Provide both medication management and counseling for patients
- Educate patient and parent on medication side effects, risk/benefits and proper usage of new medication and reasonable outcome expectations of medications
- Establish and modify patient treatment plan based on clinical assessment and re-assessment with screening tools
- Appropriately document each patient visit in the electronic medical record, including subjective and objective data, assessments, treatment plan, and other documentation as necessary
- Communicate patient’s plan of care with behavioral health team and patient’s primary care physician
- Work with members of the healthcare team in educating the patients of their medical care
- Continually update clinical knowledge and skills through consultation, formal and informal education and review of literature for the benefit of themselves as well as for the healthcare team
- Provide appropriate referrals when necessary
- Successful completion of advanced practitioner training and certification from an approved nurse practitioner program
- Minimum three years of professional nursing experience in a clinical setting plus two years of nurse practitioner experience
- Licensed as an advanced registered nurse practitioner with prescriptive authority in the state practicing
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to screen for danger to self or others
- Demonstrated adherence to acceptable ethical and behavioral standards of conduct
- Ability to collaborate with strong skills working with a team
- Experience working specifically with children and adolescents
- Prior experience with use of electronic health records
- Masters of Arts in Psychiatric/Mental Health/Nursing
- Advanced Practice Nurse (APN)
- Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP-BC)
- Valid DEA License
- Valid CDS License
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you’ll enjoy your career with us!
PM Pediatric Care is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.