Remote Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner (RN, APRN, PMHNP)
- Clinical License RN, APRN, PMHNP
- State(s) CA
Remote Based: Providing Virtual Care to patients in CA.
CANDIDATES MUST HAVE A NP LICENSE AND A RN LICENSE IN THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA.
FULL-TIME, Work shift: Monday through Friday, 5 days a week (40 hrs a week)
The Nurse Practitioner, Psychiatry is responsible for providing for the health care needs of patients in collaboration with the physician, through advanced assessment and identification of health states including abnormal conditions, diagnosing, treatment and evaluation. Performs care in the specialty area of psychiatry.
How will you make an impact:
- Utilize evidence-based clinical practice standards to provide direct clinical services for patients within prescribed guidelines and physician instructions.
- Act independently to perform individual assessments, diagnostic functions, specialized risk assessments, and make critical decisions regarding a wide variety of health situations, including high risk and crisis situations.
- Acquire patient health histories and evaluates patient, performing physical examinations.
- Order, interpret and evaluate diagnostic tests to identify and assess patients clinical problems and health care needs.
- Discuss cases with physician.
- Formulate and document care plan.
- Prescribe medication or other forms of treatment.
- Requires an MS in Nursing and minimum of 3 years of practicing Nurse Practitioner experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Current unrestricted RN license and NP license in the state of California is required.
- Prescribing or furnishing authority/DEA licensure in good standing.
- PMHNP certification or minimum of 1 year experience in Psychiatry is required.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities and Experiences:
- Bilingual communication skills in English and Spanish is desired.
Current, unrestricted RN license in the state of California