Remote RN Case Manager
- Clinical License RN
- State(s) Nationwide
About the job
“All candidates must be directly contracted by ASK Consulting on their payroll and cannot be subcontracted. We are unable to provide sponsorship at this moment”.
Job Title: RN Case Manager
Duration: 5-6 Months
Shift Timing: 8:30 am-5:30 pm
Bachelors in Science Nursing or Associate in Nursing (ASN) or Nursing Diploma.
The Medical Case Manager role does require an active RN license in the state they live in. National certification in case management or related field preferred
The Medical RN Case Manager (MCM) is a Registered Nurse and may also be referenced as the Nurse Case Manager (NCM). The MCM implements integrated medical disability case management services with the goal of preventing, minimizing, or overcoming disability.
- As a Registered Nurse, the MCM, provides a professional nursing approach to case management through the Nursing Process involving: Assessment, Planning, Implementation, Monitoring, and Evaluation.
- The MCM is sensitive to the importance of productive work and sees a return to work as the key outcome.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for coordinating the treatment pathways of those claims that meet the internal case management criteria, including setting the appropriate treatment plan and other activities that meet an injured worker’s/employee’s health and return-to-work needs or other productive activity.
- Understands and implements criteria for identifying individuals for case management services
- Coordinates case management plans and activities with the human resources department of the injured worker/employee, as appropriate Solicits the employee’s interest and consent, if necessary, for participation in case management activities and documents oral and/or written consent
- Documents a case management plan specific to the injured worker/employee that includes short- and long-term goals with timeframes, timeframes for re-evaluation, resources to be utilized, and collaborative approaches to be used (including physician participation)
- Conducts and documents an assessment of each injured worker/employee including (as appropriate) health status, treatment plan, financial resources for health care, psychosocial status, consumer knowledge, education needs in relation to health status and treatment plan, past relevant history, and possible non-medical impediments to successful resolution
- Responsible for managing the disability duration of an injured worker/employee and focus on return-to-work opportunities or other productive activity, including working with medical providers to identify an estimated return to modified duty, vocational rehabilitation, release from care, or actual return-to-work date
- Collaborates and clearly communicates with the injured worker/employee, family members, providers, employer, or the employer’s representative in the execution of a plan for return-to-work or other productive activity.
- Identifies and obtains any required or outstanding medical documentation in support of the individual’s plan for a return-to-work or other productive activity. Understands and implements criteria for discharge of injured worker/employee or termination of case management services Promotes goodwill by assisting all involved parties on issues related to the injured worker/employee, provider relations, and OWCP coordination, as applicable.
- Identifies, evaluates, and recommends strategies for claims where vocational rehabilitation services may produce an eventual return-to-work; interfaces with vocational rehabilitation or other specialties as appropriate and applicable.
- Understands the organization’s quality management program and the case manager’s role within that program Experience with Federal Employee Compensation Act (FECA) and FECA related issues preferable, as applicable for assigned account(s). Is an effective team member; supports the team by pitching in at any level and effectively working across the organization to meet the needs of the business
- Takes ownership of personal actions and outcomes; encourages and empowers others to do the same Embraces change
- Ability to work independently, multitask, and adjust priorities Proactively seeks opportunities to increase knowledge, skills and abilities
- May perform other duties, as needed, to meet the needs of the business Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Bachelors in Science Nursing or Associate in Nursing (ASN) or Nursing Diploma.
- The Medical Case Manager role does require an active RN license in the state they live in. National certification in case management or related field preferred
- Unrestricted Current State Registered Nurse License
- 3+ years of clinical experience as a Registered Nurse
- 2+ years experience in medical case management, discharge planning, utilization review/management to determine the necessity of medical services, occupational health, and/or comparable field
- Experience in Behavioral Health Chronic Medical Conditions or Oncology preferred
- Be educated in current protocols and procedures for case management related to the WTC-NPN environment
- Have an understanding and appreciation for nationally recognized standards of the case management process, particularly in regard to long-term medical conditions
About ASK: ASK Consulting is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Consulting connects people with amazing opportunities
ASK Consulting is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all associates.