Remote RN Case Manager – California
- Clinical License RN
- State(s) CA
RN Case Manager
Remote | Part-Time
WHO WE ARE
Driven by the core belief that your zip code should not dictate the quality of care you receive, Journey Health is excited to deliver high quality, accessible healthcare in the comfort of the home. Journey Health – a digital health startup based in Oakland, CA – is enhancing access to care for the most vulnerable patients and communities. Our aim is to shift the cadence of care by leveraging digital solutions and emerging technologies to deliver consumer-directed, in-home services.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The Journey Health RN Case Manager coordinates a holistic care approach for the whole person that considers the medical, behavioral, and social aspects of care. You will lead efforts in achieving patient wellness and autonomy through advocacy, education, and service identification and facilitation. You will develop, implement, and evaluate the delivery and effectiveness of case management plans as part of a multidisciplinary care team to ensure patients’ needs are met for successful long-term health maintenance.
- Direct an interdisciplinary approach to providing continuity of care that includes discharge planning, transitions of care, utilization management, identification of appropriate community providers and partners, and quality improvement
- Coordinate and provide care that is safe, timely, effective, efficient, equitable, and patient-centered
- Conduct needs assessments, develop care plans, review case progress, and determine case closure as part of a multidisciplinary care team
- Act as a patient advocate and educator to assure that the patient is knowledgeable and empowered to be responsible for participating in the plan of care
- Collaborate with Journey Health’s enhanced care management team which includes physicians, nurses, pharmacists, therapists, social workers, community health workers, and medical assistants
- Ensure compliance with federal, local, and state regulatory standards
- Perform other related activities as assigned
WHAT YOU NEED
- Bachelor of Nursing degree preferred from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience considered
- Current RN license in the State of California
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a Registered Nurse in acute care, ambulatory care, community public health, or case management
- Certified Case Manager certification, or commitment to completion within 1 year of hire
- Certification in basic life support (BLS)
- Effective communication skills and experience working with other clinical providers, patients, families, and community resource organizations
- Knowledge of health and patient care regulations, and familiarity with value-based care delivery models
WHY JOURNEY HEALTH
Patients and caregivers are separated during their most vulnerable moments, providers and clinicians are suffering from burnout, and meaningful health equity continues to be elusive – all while the healthcare industry continues to be challenged with achieving targeted outcome goals. The value equation is broken.
If you’d like to join us on our journey in eliminating healthcare disparities and shifting the cadence of care, please submit your resume and apply online. Thank you for your interest.
Journey Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive team. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
For more information about Journey Health, please visit https://www.journeyhealth.io/.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $50.00 – $70.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Case management: 1 year (Required)
- Nursing: 2 years (Required)
- RN license in the State of California (Required)
Work Location: Remote