Remote RN Case Manager – Oregon
- Clinical License RN
- State(s) OK
Optum Home & Community Care, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, is creating something new in health care. We are uniting industry-leading solutions to build an integrated care model that holistically addresses an individual’s physical, mental and social needs – helping patients access and navigate care anytime and anywhere.
As a team member of our HouseCalls product, we provide annual clinical assessments to patients in the comfort of their homes. This important preventive care helps identify and reduce health risks for patients, in addition to coordinating appropriate follow-up care to improve health and well-being.
We’re connecting care to create a seamless health journey for patients across care settings. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
In this role you will have the ability to achieve work life balance. Flexible scheduling offered where providers can flex their time over the 7-day work week. No on-call, no weekends and no holidays required.
We’re making a solid connection between exceptional patient care and outstanding career opportunities. The result is a culture of performance that’s driving the health care industry forward. As a Telephone Case Manager RN with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll support a diverse member population with education, advocacy and connections to the resources they need to feel better and get well. Instead of seeing a handful of patients each day, your work may affect millions for years to come. Ready for a new path? Apply today!
If you keep within 1 hour distance from hub office (100 mile radius from office), okay with PST if not within commute to hub office in Portland, OR 97232, you will have the flexibility to work remotely* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Make outbound calls and receive inbound calls to assess members’ current health status
- Identify gaps or barriers in treatment plans
- Provide patient education to assist with self-management
- Make referrals to outside sources
- Provide a complete continuum of quality care through close communication with members via in-person or on-phone interaction
- Support members with condition education, medication reviews and connections to resources such as Home Health Aides or Meals on Wheels
This is high volume, customer service environment. You’ll need to be efficient, productive and thorough dealing with our members over the phone. Solid computer and software navigation skills are critical. You should also be solidly patient-focused and adaptable to changes.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Current, unrestricted RN license in the state of employment
- 3+ years of experience in a hospital, acute care or direct care setting
- Proven ability to type and have the ability to navigate a Windows based environment
- Certified Case Manager (CCM)
- Experience or exposure to discharge planning
- Experience in utilization review, concurrent review or risk management
- Experience in a telephonic role
- Case management experience
- Background in managed care
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.