Remote RN Learning Specialist, Clinical Team Onboarding and Ongoing Training
- Clinical License RN
- State(s) Nationwide
Grand Rounds is a new kind of healthcare company. Founded in 2011, the company is on a mission to raise the standard of healthcare for everyone, everywhere. The Grand Rounds team goes above and beyond to connect and guide people to the highest quality healthcare available for themselves and their loved ones. Grand Rounds creates products and services that give people the best possible healthcare experience. Named a 2019 Best Place to Work by Glassdoor and Rock Health’s 2018 Fastest Growing Company, Grand Rounds works with inspiring employers and doctors to empower them to be the change agents we need to make our shared vision a reality.
We are looking for a RN Learning Specialist with a broad range of skills. Under limited supervision, the RN Learning Specialist is responsible for consulting with the Clinical leadership team to identify learning needs and provide appropriate solutions by designing, developing, and delivering a variety of learning programs; including web-based training for self-paced asynchronous and synchronous sessions. In addition, the RN Learning Specialist identifies individual and group training needs and administers plans, procedures and programs to meet training needs; and, subsequently evaluates their effectiveness. The RN Learning Specialist designs the end-to-end onboarding journey for new hires and cross-training for tenured members of our Clinical team to drive maximum levels of job productivity.
We are looking for a candidate who is self-motivated, enthusiastic, and well-organized to effectively deliver training modules to all Clinical team members. A successful candidate will be able to deal with ambiguity, thrive in a fast paced, data-driven, customer centric environment. This trainer will assist with analyzing training data and leverage industry best practice methodologies to evaluate training efficacy and knowledge retention. The results of the learning program will directly impact the patient experience, employee engagement and quality of care received by our members.
- Conduct effective needs assessment and skill gap analysis to identify learning and development needs and makes recommendations of appropriate solutions that meet business demands and meet regulatory requirements
- Quickly synthesize and write course content based on input from subject matter experts, written material, previous training courses, interviews, and other sources
- Partner with Clinical Leadership and PCT team members to identify areas of synergy and continuous collaboration
- Develop curriculum that defines business outcomes, learning objectives, course medium, assessments, and accompanying materials
- Utilize a variety of training methodologies, techniques, concepts, learning tools and practices to ensure maximum learning effectiveness.
- Design, develop, maintain and implement creative and innovative eLearning solutions (including course content, webinars, exams, simulations, and games) for role specific training using sound instructional design.
- Keeps apprised of all changes in process, systems and guidelines to ensure new and existing materials are in-line and up-to-date with daily operations
- Evaluate and maintain/update existing Clinical learning programs and supporting materials
- Evaluates, develops, implements and monitors training programs for the Clinical team within Patient Care to increase individual and organizational performance, maximum knowledge transfer, employee morale and enhance employee skills.
- Assists management in determining the appropriateness of utilizing outside vendors to accomplish organizational training goals and objectives.
- Knowledgeable in creating web based training
- Define project schedules and manage multiple projects simultaneously. Keep track of project tasks and status and recap as requested. Project manages on-line content through the entire life-cycle; development, QA, testing, production and related changes and enhancements.
- Maintain open lines of communication with leadership in all departments
- Leverage industry best practices and reporting measuring training effectiveness and impacts
- Ability to work a flexible schedule (may include nights and weekends) to accommodate training needs of Clinical team outside of standard business hours
- RN/BSN with active unrestricted state license or able to activate an expired license
- At least 2 or more years of experience in a clinical setting
- 2+ years formal training in instructional design and/or adult learning
- Experience developing and conducting web based, blended and instructor-led training (either live or via webcast)
- Proficiency with various authoring tools (i.e. MS Office: Word, Powerpoint, Excel; Google: Docs, sheets, slides, Captivate/Camtasia, etc.)
- Experience creating and administering both synchronous and asynchronous training (multiple formats)
- Experience creating e-learning content that is SCORM compliant (strongly preferred)
- Ability to provide analytical, reporting and data analysis for training (statuses, efficacy, impacts, etc.)
- Build relationships and trust with a variety of personalities and individuals ( key employees, top management, and client groups to take desired action.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze and interpret complex processes and systems
- Strong analytical skills and ability to solve problems involving several options in situations.
- Excellent communicator and strong facilitation skills
- Must work well under pressure with a proactive approach including managing multiple deadlines and priorities.
- Ability to provide excellent internal and external customer service.
- Experience with Medical or Clinical Terminology and with applying clinical criteria/guidelines
- Assist Regulatory Manager in other regulatory, audit and quality review functions
The ideal will be available to work a flexible schedule, in order to accommodate training needs in different time zones or outside of normal business hours.
Grand Rounds is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Grand Rounds considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.