Remote RN – Telehealth – Compact License
- Clinical License RN
- State(s) Compact
Join a Winning, Fast Growing Team! The Full-TimeRegistered Nurse is responsible for providing telehealth clinical assessment, health education, and utilization management services to a variety of beneficiaries. MUST HAVE a Current, Active, Compact License issued by the state of residence and be in good standing with the Board of Registered Nurses required.
MPF Federal is seeking Full-time Telehealth Registered Nurses to staff a Nurse Advice Line call center 24×7/365 (primarily inbound). Full-Time 40 Hours (TBD) are available (Central Time). Must be able to work Weekends and Holidays. This is a remote, work-from-home position contingent upon meeting all standard quality and performance criteria and having a suitable home office that meets MPF Federal’s standards. Registered Nurses provide telephone triage and health advice to callers across North America remotely, from the comfort of their own home office. In addition to triage calls, we receive questions requesting information on medical conditions, medications, diagnostic tests, etc. All calls are documented electronically, and all telephone encounters are recorded.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Triage all symptom-based calls and give recommendations according to the approved triage protocol.
- Communicate with TRICARE beneficiaries primarily by phone, also via text, online (web) chat, email required.
- Provide professional nursing assessment and intervention to patients with acute and chronic care needs.
- Mobilize patient and family to employ healthy coping strategies, engage in shared decision- making and utilize community resources.
- Identify gaps in patient services; develop and utilize alternative resources.
- Exercise professional nursing judgment and advanced communication skills to network with a variety of professionals, agencies, and systems
- Demonstrate mandatory and clinical competencies of the position.
- Serve as a liaison between nursing staff and all providers to improve the clinical experience for the patient, staff, and provider.
- Provide health education and
- Prepare individuals for primary care manager/physician visits.
- Must Haves
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in nursing
- Ability to Triage per triage guidelines and protocols, assessing patients and applying solid decision-making to achieve highest patient outcomes in quick and timely manner
- Call Center Experience (Inbound)
- Metric driven environment work experience and understanding
- Must be computer savvy – able to maneuver between multiple windows, application systems simultaneously, ability to create, copy, edit, save and send documents utilizing Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Outlook
- Minimum 3 years’ clinical nursing experience as a RN.
- Must have a Compact License issued by the state of residence.
- Required to be in good standing with the Board of Registered Nurses
- Licensure in other states as required by contract.
- Must be able to work Weekends and Holidays.
- Triage, Med-Surge, and Behavioral Health required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience working within a military population a plus. RNs who are retired military, family members of Active Duty Service Members (ADSM), working knowledge of/worked at an MTF or VA center a plus.
- High Speed Internet / direct connection required- Must be able to connect directly into internet – via hard wire (either directly to modem or router)
- Distraction free area to work / professional background – Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Must be US Citizen and ability to obtain a clearance
- Strong clinical thinking and assessment skills.
- Ability to deal with and solve problems using solid nursing judgment.
- Proficient level of experience with Microsoft Office applications, keyboarding skills, and strong technical aptitude.
- Previous experience telephone triage using electronic triage software and computerized medical protocols is considered an asset- preferably 1 or more years of experience.
MPF Federal is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or on the basis of disability. We offer a competitive compensation package including a competitive salary, medical benefits, PTO, holiday pay and more.