FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
Immediate Work Opportunity: Fast-paced, innovative practice that puts the patient at the center.
The role is for a well-respected clinical care professional who delivers medical care using telemedicine modalities exclusively, including video, phone, connected devices, and asynchronous messages (chat/email). Clinicians will have an inbox to follow up on appropriate items that require continuity of care.
Nurse Practitioners are members of an interdisciplinary care team working as independent contractors with Wheel. They work independently and are responsible for diagnostic and therapeutic decision-making within industry- and locally-established standards of care, clinical practice guidelines, and organization policies and procedures. The scope of medical decision-making focuses on common conditions that would present within an episodic, acute, or primary care medical practice.
- Licensed as a Nurse Practitioner in at least one of these states: AK, CA, DE, HI, MA, MS, ND, RI, SD, VA, or WA
- Current national certification in family practice through ANCC, AANP, or another nationally recognized certification
- Multiple state licenses strongly preferred
- 3+ years of experience as a Nurse Practitioner in family practice or primary care (preferred), or urgent care
- Experience working with children and families
- Experience with infants under the age of 1 within the past 12 months
- Must be willing to work more than 20 hours per week
- Outstanding clinical expertise, evidence-based practice
- Competent providing patient education at every visit
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Above-average comfort with technology and assisting patients with troubleshooting technical difficulties that may occur in the home environment
- Timely and professional
- Telemedicine or virtual care experience
- Typing wpm >40
Physical Space Requirements
- A work area equipped with a desk, chair, and access to a properly grounded electrical outlet.
- Work area must be secure, quiet, and isolated from others to protect PHI.
- Internet bandwidth with a speed of at least 50 Mbps download and 10 Mbps upload. Check speed by visiting http://speedtest.net.
- Obtains histories, conducts virtual exams, documents findings, evaluates and diagnoses medical and behavioral health conditions, recommends treatment plans, constructs care plans, enlists support from other team members, and promotes peace of mind by investing in patient confidence.
- Delivers patient care in high-priority treatment areas such as behavioral health, sexual health, or care targeting a range of common chronic conditions.
- Demonstrates flexibility by adapting as needed to change processes and practice in an evolving, ambiguous environment.
- Works with a diverse population. We are a clinic that values inclusivity and evidence-based care for all populations and all ages.
- Communicates effectively with other providers, including using comprehensive charting and messaging.
- Delivers patient care that balances the best that medical science has to offer; patient preferences and values; and invests in the future confidence and skills of patients.
This role is with Wheel. Wheel connects clinicians to virtual care opportunities with well-vetted, emerging, and established healthcare companies. With Wheel, you can build your practice around your life, with flexible telehealth job opportunities you can do from home.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
- Critical & Intensive Care
- Emergency Medicine
- Primary Care
- Urgent Care
- What is your email address?
- What is your provider type? (NP, PA, RN, MD, or DO)
- What is the primary state where you are licensed?
- Please list all other states where you are licensed.
- Do you have experience in an ER, Urgent Care, or Family Medicine setting?
- Have you treated a patient under the age of 1 within the last 12 months?
- Are you comfortable providing emergency and routine contraceptive care, and providing care to the LGBTQI community?
- Are you able to provide more than 23 hours/week?
- Multiple locations