Remote Telephonic Nurse Case Manager (RN) – CA, OK, OR, TX
- Clinical License RN
- State(s) CA, OK, OR, TX
About the job
**Position allows full-time work from home in any of the following states: CA, OK, OR or TX but needs to work the PST schedule.
Athens Administrators has an immediate need for a full-time Telephonic Nurse Case Manager to support our Managed Care Department. The position allows for full-time work from home (as long as technical requirements are met) but they must work on Pacific Standard time, 9am – 5pm PST. Athens offices are open for business Monday-Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. The Telephonic Nurse Case Manager researches and recommends resources and creates flexible, cost-effective options for injured, catastrophically or chronically ill individuals on a case-by-case basis to facilitate quality individualized treatment goals, including timely return to work if appropriate. This position will assist the unit in maintaining a successful program which may include helping develop workflows, reporting, staff recruitment and training.
Full job duty list on our website: https://www.athensadmin.com/careers/job-openings/
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Organizes and review medical records to identify specific medical issues; Provides information and recommendations to appropriate parties.
- Maintains regular contact with all parties involved to facilitate communication and to provide medical and vocational management and coordination services.
- Arranges for prompt and appropriate medical treatment of an injured worker by qualified providers (choice of providers as per regulations).
- Schedules appointments to avoid delays in treatment by primary care physicians, specialists or ancillary services.
- Assists the treating physician in developing a written treatment plan for the injured worker, including the identity and scope of treatment by any other providers to which referrals have been made. May be requested to attend doctor and/or attorney visits, hospital and/or long-term facility discharge planning conferences, et cetera for the purpose of determining appropriateness of care and developing an effective long-term care strategy as deemed necessary.
- Work with the medical providers to track progress and to modify the treatment plan as necessary until maximum medical improvement is achieved.
- Obtains medical reports and required work status forms. Ensures all parties receive appropriate reports.
- Develops Independent Medical Evaluation Plan. Provides assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of patient’s progress
- Other job requirements on our website https://www.athensadmin.com/careers/job-openings/