Remote UM Nurse Consultant (RN) – Illinois
- Clinical License RN
- State(s) IL
Position requires working Monday – Friday 8-5 EST with ability to work rotating weekends.
Holidays will be on rotation
No travel is required
Applicants are welcome to apply from any state however will be required to have an RN compact state license as well as RN license for IL.
NICU Concurrent Review
- Utilizes clinical skills to coordinate, document and communicate all aspects of the utilization/benefit management program. Applies critical thinking and knowledge in clinically appropriate treatment, evidence-based care and medical necessity criteria for appropriate utilization of services.
- Consults and lends expertise to other internal and external constituents in the coordination and administration of the utilization/benefit management function
- Gathers clinical information and applies the appropriate medical necessity criteria/guideline, policy, procedure and clinical judgment to render coverage determination/recommendation/discharge planning along the continuum of care
- Utilizes clinical experience and skills in a collaborative process to evaluate and facilitate appropriate healthcare services/benefits for members including urgent or emergent interventions (such as triage / crisis support)
- Coordinates/Communicates with providers and other parties to facilitate optimal care/treatment
- Identifies members who may benefit from care management programs and facilitates referral
- Identifies opportunities to promote quality effectiveness of healthcare services and benefit utilization
- 3+ years of clinical practice experience in an inpatient setting required
- RN with unrestricted IL state licensure required
- Managed care or NICU experience required
- Willingness to obtain additional state licenses
- Ability to work rotating weekends
- Must possess or the ability to obtain high speed internet access
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires its Colleagues in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
- If you are vaccinated, you are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status within the first 30 days of your employment. For the two COVID-19 shot regimen, you will be required to provide proof of your second COVID-19 shot within the first 60 days of your employment. Failure to provide timely proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status will result in the termination of your employment with CVS Health.
- If you are unable to be fully vaccinated due to disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief, you will be required to apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 30 days of your employment in order to remain employed with CVS Health. As a part of this process, you will be required to provide information or documentation about the reason you cannot be vaccinated. If your request for an accommodation is not approved, then your employment may be terminated.
- Utilization review experience
- Discharge planning experience
- Utilization Management experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
At Aetna, a CVS Health company, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We are committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, disability or protected veteran status. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.