FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
Virtual Care Nurse – Must have a license in at least one of these states: CA, WA, VA, HI, OH, or MN
Immediate Work Opportunity – Competitive Pay!
Wheel is actively seeking Registered Nurses with multiple state licenses to join our network of world-class nurses delivering virtual care.
Registered Nurses at Wheel provide virtual primary and urgent care treatment for non-emergent conditions as well as front-line care navigation and triage. You will participate in care delivery for a variety of areas, including, but not limited to: travel health, preventive care, or care targeting a range of common chronic conditions.
Wheel connects clinicians with the best work opportunities in virtual care. We extensively vet our virtual care company partners to ensure that safety, quality care, clinical excellence, and legal regulations are never compromised. Here, you have the ongoing support of our clinical leadership and administrative team so you can focus on what you do best while we manage the rest. At Wheel, clinicians come first.
- 100% remote. Rewarding patient work from the comfort and safety of your home or office.
- Clinician community. Join an innovative and collaborative learning community working in virtual care.
- Clinical, operational, administrative, and technical support. Wheel works in the background to manage your virtual care practice, handling communication, payments, credentialing, training.
- We protect our clinicians. We vet each telehealth company entering our network for clinical safety and standard of care procedures to protect our clinician’s practices. We also provide liability insurance coverage and guaranteed income (covering patient no-shows).
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in CA, WA, VA, HI, OH, or MN
- Multiple state licenses or compact license
- Current Healthcare Provider BLS certification by date of hire
- Must be willing to work more than 30 hours per week
- 2+ years of experience as a Registered Nurse
- Experience in in-person or telephone triage
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or other field
- Experience in one or more of the following specialty fields: Primary care, Urgent care, Emergency care, or Pediatric care
Wheel was built for clinicians like you, to offer multiple different telehealth opportunities in one platform. We empower mental health and clinical healthcare providers to build their practices around their schedules and their lives. Simultaneously, we connect well-vetted, emerging and established healthcare companies that are performing safe clinical practice with the largest network of high-quality virtual care providers in the nation.
Our mission is to change the way healthcare works by putting clinicians first, because happier clinicians make healthier patients. We’re headquartered in Austin, Texas, and recently named one of Built In Austin’s 50 Startups to Watch in 2020. Wheel is venture-backed by top investors with a track record of growth — and we’re ready to build an amazing team with top-tier talent like you!
Equal Opportunity Statement
At Wheel, we know we will go further together by celebrating diversity and that starts by honoring each of our unique lived experiences. We look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups: women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans and people from different socioeconomic background. We are committed to ensuring a safe work environment where no one is discriminated against based on age, race, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, martial status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: telehealth nurse, registered nurse, nurse rn, rn, rn nurse
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
- Critical & Intensive Care
- Emergency Medicine
- What is your email address?
- Do you have an active RN license?
- Are you able to provide more than 23 hours/week?
- What is the primary state where you are licensed? (Please also specify here if you have a Compact License)
- Are you licensed in any non-compact states? If so, please list all states you are licensed in.
- Do you have phone triage or telehealth triage experience with adult AND pediatric patients? (Yes, phone triage experience with adult AND pediatric patients | Yes, telehealth triage experience with adult AND pediatric patients | No)
- Have you treated a patient under the age of 1 within the last 12 months?
- Are you comfortable providing emergency and routine contraceptive care, and providing care to the LGBTQI community?
- Do you have experience in an ER, Urgent Care, or Family Medicine setting?
- Multiple locations