Remote Virtual Primary Care Nurse Practitioner – CA, CT, FL, ME, NC, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, TX, VT
- Clinical License APRN
- State(s) CA, CT, FL, ME, NC, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, TX, VT
At Carbon Health, we believe everyone deserves good health. We have diverse and passionate teams who lead by example to expand what’s possible in healthcare and further our mission of making great healthcare accessible.
• 125+ clinics in 13 states
• Ranked on Inc. 5000’s list as the 2nd-fastest-growing private company in the U.S. in 2021
• Recognized as a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup in 2020
COVID Vaccination Requirement for Candidates Seeking Employment: Carbon Health, as both a healthcare provider and a federal contractor, is subject to certain laws, regulations and orders requiring its workforce to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and its variants. Carbon Health has therefore implemented a requirement that all employees be fully vaccinated. Candidates seeking employment with Carbon Health will be required to: (1) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and its variants by their start date unless a medical or religious exemption has been approved and a reasonable accommodation has been granted; and (2) submit proof of vaccination prior to their start date. The preceding is a condition of employment with Carbon Health.
Carbon Health is on a mission to make great healthcare accessible to all. Founded in 2015, we are a modern healthcare system that offers comprehensive urgent care, primary care, mental health, and chronic care services to a large and diverse population across the U.S – with no hidden costs or membership fees. To help address the gaps and frustrations of a fragmented industry, Carbon Health combines an interdisciplinary care team with best-in-class technology to provide care that sees and treats the whole person – whether that’s virtual, in-person at one of our 150+ care sites, or through a connected device. We are a passionate team of product managers, program and support specialists, engineers, data scientists, and clinicians who genuinely care about pushing the boundary of what’s possible for our patients, providers, and the communities we serve.
We are building a virtual-first primary care program that marries accessibility and convenience with comprehensive care and value. As a primary care provider on this growing team, you have a unique opportunity to help shape our virtual-first, outcomes-based care delivery model – from influencing our custom EMR to designing clinical workflows to informing our mobile app experience.
- Manage a panel of patients towards evidence-based clinical quality targets using a variety of modalities including video visits and messaging
- Work collaboratively with the extended care team to follow up on patient results
- Provide input and implement care programs, pathways, and new product enhancements
- Collaborate with the behavioral health team to diagnose and treat patients’ mental health
- Collaborate with Carbon’s omnichannel care services (i.e., Diabetes Management, Hypertension, Remote Patient Monitoring, Metabolic Health) in delivering patient care and monitoring patient outcomes
- Provide excellent preventive, proactive, compassionate, evidence-based primary care via virtual visits
- Medical/Master’s degree and certification
- RN – Valid Massachusetts license to practice as a Registered Nurse
- NP – Valid Massachusetts license to practice as a Nurse Practitioner and current national certification
- Unrestricted active Massachusetts license with active DEA
- Additional active licenses in the following states preferred: CA, CT, FL, ME, NC, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, TX, VT
- Must be eligible and willing to obtain medical licenses in all 50 states and the District of Columbia
- Resides in Massachusetts
- 3+ years of clinical practice post-graduation
- Clinical proficiency in evidence-based primary care with experience in longitudinal care
- Experience working as a telemedicine clinician preferred
- Skilled at using online tools and technology to deliver care and communicate with patients
- Passionate about relationship-driven, human-centered primary care
- Experience working in a value-based care environment
How we Define Success
- Manage a diverse population in a collaborative, interdisciplinary team model
- Ensure patients on your panel receive appropriate care for acute and chronic diseases as well as preventative screenings
- Manage a primary care and co-management (WRAP) panel of members to address their long and short-term health needs, ultimately to prevent avoidable hospital and Emergency Department visits
- Meet monthly and quarterly targets for visits (virtual only)
- Engage in new clinical initiatives and managing those targets
- Active participation in practice development, redesign, and innovation
• Forward-thinking, transparent, and inclusive company culture
• Competitive salary, generous paid time off, learning time off
• Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental & vision insurance, effective day 1
• 401k employee contributions and pre-tax commuter benefits (transit and parking)
• FSA, HSA, and dependent care options
• Medical malpractice insurance covered
• Clinical Rounds for ongoing learning through Carbon Health clinic cases
• CME subscriptions include UpToDate, HippoED, and ECGWeekly for full time clinicians
• Employee referral bonus program, employee resource groups, and professional development access through Udemy Business
• All benefits dependent on role and eligibility
Carbon Health is a leading national healthcare provider with a mission to make high-quality healthcare accessible to everyone. We offer primary and urgent care to nearly two-thirds of the U.S. Leveraging our unique technology platform, we meet patients where they are by delivering care across a variety of access points, including in-person clinics and virtual care. Carbon Health also focuses on value-based care and other value-add services to employers, health plans, health systems and other ecosystem partners.
We recognize that the key to success lies in valuing the minds, experiences and perspectives of people from all walks of life. Carbon Health is proud to value diversity and be an equal opportunity employer. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Carbon Health is an E-Verify employer.