Remote w/ some travel – Provider Practice Coding Consultant (Ciox) 113 views
- Specialty License LPN, LVN, RN, CPC, CCC, CCS, COC, COS-C (OASIS)
- State License (Select 'ANY' & Your State) Any
Provider Practice Coding Consultant provides consulting and education needs related to coding quality, compliance assessments, external payer reviews, and coding education. Offers meaningful information to meet customer expectations including identifying and proposing solutions for customer issues, develops and maintains account relationships through responsiveness and calm, reflective work practices and works cooperatively with HIM Division leadership and scheduling for optimal services outcome in hospitals and alternative care settings.
- Reviews medical records and assigns appropriate CPT, ICD-10-CM, ICD-10 procedures, ICD-10-CM and ICD-10 PCS, HCPCS, DSMV codes as appropriate and required by client workflow.
- Conducts data quality reviews of records to assess compliance with official coding and documentation guidelines.
- Communicates professionally with co-workers, management, and hospital staff regarding clinical and reimbursement issues.
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Communicates documentation improvement opportunities and coding issues to appropriate personnel for follow up and resolution.
- Typically works remotely, accessing work related tasks via VPN access.
- Reports to work as scheduled.
- Willing and able to travel when necessary, if applicable.
- Complies with all CIOX Health and HIM Division policies and procedures.
- Responsible for tracking continuing education credits to maintain professional credentials.
- Attends CIOX Health mandatory sponsored in-service and/or education meetings as required.
- Adheres to the American Health Information Management Association’s code of ethics.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Associate or Bachelor’ degree from AHIMA certified HIM Program or Nursing Program or completion of certificate program with CCS, CCS-P, CPC, CPC-H, CIC or COC preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language.
- A minimum of 1-5 years of coding experience in a hospital and/or coding consulting role.
- Experience in computerized encoding and abstracting software.
- Required to take and pass annual Introductory HIPAA examination and other assigned testing to be given annually
*This is an external posting. Remote Medical Jobs has no affiliation with the company and no further information on the position. I simply find and share these jobs to the community. If interested, please apply to external link*