Remote Weekend Triage Nurse Practitioner (NP) – New York
- Clinical License APRN
- State(s) NY
Nice to meet you, we’re Vesta Healthcare.
Vesta Healthcare is a specialized medical group focused today on aging adults with long-term home care needs. We help these individuals live happier, healthier lives by partnering with their aides and caregivers, as a key part of the care team. We use a combination of virtual care, home-based and mobile technologies, data integrations and partnerships with home care agencies to make the home an integrated setting of care with patients, and their Caregivers at the center.
Vesta is the Roman name for the goddess of home, hearth and family. She is the caregiver. Often unseen yet greatly revered, she puts others’ needs ahead of her own, keeping the hearth warm so the home and family can function.
We see Caregivers and recognize the power and potential they embody. More than just assistance, Caregivers are eyes, ears and hands in the home. Caregivers play the role of Doctor, Nurse, Pharmacist, EMT and more, but without support or guidance. That is where Vesta comes in. Our program provides Caregivers with a personalized clinical team in their pocket. Our team links Caregivers to the people they care for and the other providers involved in their care. It’s an insurance covered benefit, so it’s available to most adults with Caregivers free of charge to them.
We seek team members who are passionate about making home the best place it can be for people with home care needs and see the important role Caregivers play. Our team members are collaborative data-driven optimists who always focus on doing what’s best for patients and their caregivers. We see ourselves as being here to improve the quality of life for caregivers and care recipients, allowing them to focus on the important things (like going to the mall with their grandkids).
The ideal teammate would be able to:
- Be a point of contact for weekend call escalations
- Chart reviews
- Review remote patient monitoring alerts
- Conduct video visits for chronic care management and remote patient monitoring to create an appropriate care plan for the member
- Conduct care coordination and recommend/identify cost effective research based treatment and intervention
- Utilize strong clinical skills in physical assessment and chronic disease management for at risk adults and apply member specific Care Management and individualized care planning
- Be comfortable with advanced care planning discussions with caregivers and members
- Serve as a consulting resource on care management practice as needed
- Attend meetings, training sessions and participates on committees as needed
- Possess a strong knowledge of clinical procedures, standards and quality control checks
- Possess a strong knowledge of medical conditions, interventions and treatment
- Provide members, caregivers and facility education
- Monitor the quality of member’s care and updates plan of care
Would you describe yourself as someone who has:
- The ability to work every Saturday AND Sunday from either 8am-8pm OR 8pm-8am ET, every week and weekend (required)
- Certified and licensed as a Nurse Practitioner in good standing in the state of New York (required)
- Master’s or doctoral degree from an accredited institution for nurse practitioners (required)
- Medicare participation and ability to have the company bill for services on your behalf (required)
- Certification from ANCC (or equivalent) as an Adult, Family, Geriatric, and/or Acute Nurse practitioner (required)
- 1+ years of Nurse Practitioner Experience (required), qualified for independent practice in your licensed jurisdiction (preferred)
- 1+ years of telephonic triage or equivalent experience (required)
- 2+ years of clinical experience working with complex adult populations (required)
- Ability to practice independently with little clinical support (required)
- Comfort using technology like Google Suite, multiple EMRs, Slack (required)
- The ability to work remotely and has a private area with a computer in their home/workspace (required)
- Experience working in home care and/or family medicine, geriatrics (preferred)
- Experience working within a clinical team environment
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize
- Passionate about our mission to improve people’s lives
- Comfortable in a dynamic and always evolving startup environment
In addition to amazing teammates, we also offer:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance with a choice of many different plans/costs partially subsidized by us
- Paid vacation
- Paid Sick/personal days
- 12 paid holidays
- One time reimbursement to set up your home office
- Monthly reimbursement for internet or other home office expenses
- Monthly gym reimbursement to be used for gyms, online classes, etc
- Basic Life & AD&D, Short-term and Long-term Disability Benefits paid fully by us
- Voluntary benefits such as Pet, Home and Auto, Legal Insurance plus more
- Pre-tax Flex Spending/Dependent Care/Transit accounts
- 401k plus match
Average compensation $70-$80 hourly based on visit completion.
If yes, then we look forward to speaking to you!
Vesta Healthcare is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people. Vesta Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Candidates are selected without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.
At Vesta, we are constantly searching for the most dynamic and best talent to join our team with a mission of empowering caregivers in the home! If you are ever contacted by e-mail from any domain other than https://vestahealthcare.com, please do not respond, as there is a likelihood it could be a scam as it is not a legitimate Vesta email. You might see things from a similar domain address, but with a slight misspelling, for example. We have no responsibility for any communication that does not come from the https://vestahealthcare.com domain, and we strongly advise that you not provide information or respond if not from the legitimate Vesta domain. If you have any concerns that outreach might not be legitimate, please reach out to email@example.com for confirmation.