Remote Wellness Nurse Consultant (US) – California
- Clinical License RN
- State(s) CA
At Federal Health Products and Services – FHPS , a proud member of the Elevance Health, Inc. family of companies, it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
Location: Rancho Cordova, CA; Sacramento; CA; Oakland, CA; Vacaville, CA or Walnut Creek, CA.
***This position is virtual but requires fieldwork. You may work from your home office when not in the field. The individual is required to live in the area noted above as that is the territory/market that they will work in.
Elevance Health supports a hybrid workplace model with pulse point sites (major offices) used for collaboration, community, and connection. This position can be primarily virtual, however, will be based within 50 miles of a pulse point site listed above.
The Wellness Nurse Consultant position is responsible for developing and recommending customized, group-specific strategies to improve the health and wellness of the federal employee, leveraging Elevance Health and FEP programs and resources as well as industry best practices.
How you will make an Impact:
- Works consultatively with federal employees and agencies to develop and manage tailored plans/seminars to impact health and wellness including strategies that improve health conditions.
- Analyze utilization data to determine the success of member benefits and opportunities to lower healthcare costs and improve health.
- Works with FEHB Sales and Marketing to improve competitive position, increase membership, and improve retention.
- In coordination with Sales and Marketing, conducts meetings with federal employees and agencies to review program participation and suggests solutions to meet the federal agencies’ goals and objectives.
- Participates in the development and review of federal agency goals and objectives to determine appropriate actions for maximizing results and improving group satisfaction.
- Sets up biometric events to improve health outcomes.
- Maintains contact with providers and business leaders through participation in community affairs.
- May plan, design, implement, or deliver and evaluate health and wellness programs for federal agencies.
- Develop programs to improve HEDIS scores.
- BA/BS and minimum of 3 years clinical experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Current, unrestricted RN license in applicable state(s) required.
- Multi-state licensure is required if this individual is providing services in multiple states.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities, and Experiences:
- Experience presenting/speaking to large and small audiences is strongly preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication is strongly preferred.
For candidates working in person or remotely in the below locations, the salary* range for this specific position is $61,920 – 111,456.
In addition to your salary, Elevance Health offers benefits such as a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase, and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). The salary offered for this specific position is based on a number of legitimate, non-discriminatory factors set by the company. The company is fully committed to ensuring equal pay opportunities for equal work regardless of gender, race, or any other category protected by federal, state, and local pay equity laws .
* The salary range is the range Elevance Health in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. This range may be modified in the future and actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education and/or skill level. Even within the range, the actual compensation will vary depending on the above factors as well as market/business considerations. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable under the terms and conditions of the applicable policies and plans. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company’s sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Elevance Health operates in a Hybrid Workforce Strategy, providing various levels of flexibility while also ensuring that associates have opportunities to connect in-person. Unless in a designated virtual-eligible role and specified as primarily virtual by the hiring manager, associates are required to work at an Elevance Health location at least once per week, and potentially several times per week. Specific requirements and expectations for time onsite will be discussed as part of the hiring process. Candidates must reside within 50 miles or 1-hour commute each way of a relevant Elevance Health location.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.