Remote Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner Program Director, Online Nursing
- Specialty License ARNP, WHNP
- State License(s) Nationwide
The School of Nursing Online Graduate Program is seeking applicants for a 12-month, full-time Adult Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner Program Director starting September 2020. The candidate will manage all aspects of the WHNP program in addition to the responsibilities of a full-time faculty member.
• Track professional trends and requirements in regards to program content and delivery methods and implement program modifications as appropriate.
• Participate in the recruitment, selection,and orientation of new faculty.
• Provide administrative support to faculty teaching in the program.
• Participate in the recruitment, selection and orientation of new students.
• Foster beneficial relationships with professionals including faculty and administrators at other colleges/universities, community leaders, professional organizations, and other entities as appropriate.
• Assist Associate Dean, Online Nursing with semester schedules, including course scheduling and faculty assignments.
• Support course leads.
• Consult with Clinical Placement Director and Clinical Operations Manager.
• Evaluate full and part-time faculty in the program.
• Provide summary of courses and faculty to the Associate Dean.
• Engage an advisory board that informs and shapes the program.
• Participate in the graduate program directors meetings.
• Teach in the program.
• Maintain current, accurate syllabi for courses.
• Provide support to the student advisor.
• Work with the records coordinator (registrar) to assure student progression through the program.
• Coordinate all aspects of curriculum evaluation in conjunction with the on-ground WHNP Director.
• Facilitate and oversee program outcome assessment data.
• Mentor faculty to maintain quality curriculum.
• Review faculty and course evaluations.
• Participate in ongoing accreditation processes.
• Participate in the revision of program policies.
• Collaborate with the Associate Dean and Dean in program planning and development.
• Other duties as designated by the Dean.
Additional Faculty Responsibilities
• Conduct classes as scheduled with adequate preparation for each course for the entirety of the prescribed time (including the first and last days of each semester).
• Abide by the final exam schedule as published annually by the Office of the Registrar.
• Notify the Associate Dean when absent from class. If absence is due to illness, notification should continue daily for the duration.
• Prepare, proctor, and correct student examinations; evaluate student achievement in course work; direct and read student papers and reports; issue and clear “I” grades in accordance with the policy in the Academic Catalog.
• Post and observe office hours for consultation and guidance of students at times convenient for them for a minimum of three hours per week as posted or by appointment.
• Submit all required reports in accordance with administrative and office procedures.
• Attend all faculty meetings. (If absent, please notify the Associate Dean in advance of the meeting.)
• Serve on committees and participate in departmental/University meetings.
• Contribute to the improvement and development of good public relations.
• Attend Commencement.
• Master’s degree in Adult Geri Nursing certification. A doctoral degree in nursing or related field (e.g., DNP/PhD/EdD) is preferred.
• Active and unencumbered RN/APRN license in home state.
• Active and unencumbered RN license in MA.
• Active APRN practice.
• Ability to uphold the University’s commitment to inclusive excellence in a diverse educational community.
• Teaching experience: 2 years teaching in graduate education and online teaching experience preferred.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office 365, Moodle and online learning.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
• Normal office environment, not subject to extremes in temperature, noise, odors, etc.
• May spend extended periods at terminal, on telephone, or operating other office machines, requiring eye-hand coordination and finger dexterity.
Please email a letter of interest, CV and contact information for 3 professional references to the Associate Dean of Online Nursing, School of Nursing at email@example.com referencing the title of the position in the subject line of the email.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans With Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case-by-case basis.