Santa Clara, Beverly Hills, North Hollywood, CA – Hospice Virtual Volunteer Opportunity *Non-Paid* (Amedisys)
- Specialty License LPN, LVN, RN, MSN, ARNP, CNM, FNP, PMHNP, PNP, DNP, WHNP, ANP, GNP, PA
- State License(s) CA
Amedisys Hospice is looking for committed and caring people to add to our team of volunteers. If you want to make a difference by providing companionship, assurance, and care to patients and families, we would love to add you to the Amedisys team! You will become part of a friendly and supportive team as well as increase your knowledge in hospice care and create long lasting memories. Amedisys Hospice recognizes the value of volunteer support for the patient and family. We enjoy working with those who have a spirit of compassion and understanding towards those who are on the end-of-life journey. Your offer of time and effort will enable someone to feel cared for in their final path of life. If you have an interest in patient care; if you have talents or skills you would like to share (e.g. art, music, reiki); or if you would like to give back then this is the perfect opportunity for you! No experience is required!
Before I continue, I want to inform you that this is a non-pay position and we require you to be committed for at least 4-6 months. As of right now, we are under statewide emergency guidelines due to the COVID-19. We need volunteers to call the caregivers of patients and be there for them. After COVID-19 protocols are lifted and it is safe, we can transition you to visit patients in person. For now, here are some projects that could use your help and creativity as a way to reach out to our patients:
- Picture boards (cuts from a magazine) of inspiration and/or encouragement
- Colored pictures/paintings with frames for our patients to hang on their walls
- Provide arts/crafts for patients and their caregivers to do
- Create a poem for them
- Handwritten cards to send our patients to let them know we are still thinking about them
- Send birthday cards, video birthday grams.
- Tuck-in calls: making sure patients and caregivers are getting their needs met.
- Make face masks for our nurses/aids
- Sending care packages/thank you cards to our staff who are on the front lines of the COVID-19 situation
Feel free to incorporate your own ideas and ways to be there for our patients!
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $0.00 /hour
- Fully Remote
- Work from home
- Flexible schedule
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Innovative — innovative and risk-taking
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required
- Day shift
- Temporarily due to COVID-19