Texas – Remote Trauma Nurse Coordinator PRN WFH
- Clinical License RN
- State(s) TX
SHIFT: Work From Home
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Do you have the career opportunities as a Registered Nurse Coordinator of Trauma you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join St. David’s South Austin Medical Center, a facility that is part of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
At St. David’s South Austin Medical Center we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Trauma Coordinator like you to be a part of our team.
The Trauma Nurse Coordinator will conduct Performance Improvement activities, trauma patient chart review, daily patient rounds and participate in nursing education. The Trauma Nurse Coordinator will do educational/training presentations for all nursing staff related to trauma care and outreach activities interacting with other healthcare entities, pre-hospital care providers and presenting/participating in injury prevention programs to interested organizations and the general public.
- You will have the ability to abstract information from identified trauma patient medical records as needed.
- You will enter the information into the facility trauma registry and submit the data to state and national trauma data bases.
- You will be responsible for maintaining the integrity and confidentiality of the registry, verification and updating of information compiled and preparing reports as requested.
St. David’s South Austin Medical Center, which is part of St. David’s HealthCare, is a 334-bed acute care facility offering a range of complex specialties and sub-specialties, including a nationally accredited oncology program with the area’s only adult bone marrow transplant program; a trauma program that includes a Level II trauma center to treat the most severely injured and critical patients; a comprehensive cardiac program; full-service maternity and newborn care; and two full-service emergency centers in the communities of Bee Cave and Bastrop.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World’s Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Registered Nurse Trauma Coordinator opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Minimum of three years of experience in ED and/or ICU: Required
Previous experience as a Trauma Nurse Coordinator: Preferred
Documented experience demonstrating leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills: Required
- Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing: Required
- Registered Nurse license by the Texas Board of Nurse Examiners. If compact license held, RN is required to obtain a Texas RN license within 90 days of their hire date: Required
- BLS/BCLS required within 90 days of hire per St. David’s HealthCare policy.
- ALS/ACLS required within 90 days of hire per St. David’s HealthCare policy.
- Current certification as a TNCC Provider. (Instructor Preferred or completed within one year of hire)
- Current certification as a Provider in either PALS or ENPC (Instructor Preferred) or within 90 days of hire required per St. David’s HealthCare policy.
- Certified in specialty area is preferred
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.